Senior Staff Accountant - Direct Hire - South Suburbs - $50K-65K - D.O.Q.
Staffing Partners has an immediate opening for a Staff Accountant with our growing client! The Staff Accountant is responsible for a range of accounting activities relating to the general ledger, financial reporting, and general bookkeeping.
- Assist in reviewing General Ledger accounts / financial statements: identify/research/resolve any unusual balances.
- Prepare journal entries and accruals; estimates amount to accrue, defer, reverse or change based upon historical data and knowledge of business; prepares reconciliations for assigned accounts.
- Assist in monthly / annual financial reporting process and annual budget process.
- Assist in annual external audit.
- Track company fixed assets.
- Reconcile daily banking.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Bachelor's Degree in Accounting or related field.
- 3+ years of experience in a similar accounting position.
- Proficient with Microsoft Office Suite (Excel, PowerPoint, and Word).
- Experience with Quickbooks a plus.
- Working knowledge of accounting principles.
- Ability to work both independently, as well as in a team, in a high stress environment.
Interested and qualified applicants should apply immediately either through the Star Tribune website or by emailing your information to email@example.com with Attn: MRBSAJP in the subject line.