Environmental Health and Safety Manager
7 days left
- Employment Status
- Full Time
We are looking for an Environmental Health and Safety Manager to work for our client, a leading worldwide manufacturer of HVAC units, located in Owatonna, MN. This is a full-time direct-hire opportunity. This individual will plan, direct, and implement organizational safety programs to ensure safe, healthy, and an accident-free work environment.
- Plans, implements and monitors safety policies and procedures in compliance with local, state, and federal Occupational Safety and Health Administration (OSHA) rules and regulations.
- Develops and implements programs for monitoring and preventing chemical, physical and biological hazards at the facility.
- Inspects organization facilities to detect existing or potential accident and health hazards, determines corrective or preventative measures where indicated, and follows up to ensure measures have been implemented.
- Surveys, compiles and analyzes data relating to occupational and environmental health issues such as chemical exposure, radiation, smoke, fumes, noise, temperatures, dusts, vapors, mists, gases, solvents, lighting and ergonomics which are known or suspected of being real or potential detriments to health.
- Ensures that air quality tests are performed to identify the presence of any harmful gases or vapors.
- Examines plans and specifications for new machinery or equipment to determine if all safety precautions have been included.
- Evaluates human activities working with new machinery and equipment to identify hazards.
- Determines requirements for safety clothing and devices and ensure that safety devices are installed on machinery.
- Plans and implements programs to train managers and employees in work site safety practices, fire prevention, and correct handling techniques for chemicals, toxins, equipment, and other materials.
- Provided technical guidance regarding health-related problems and the correct use of protective clothing or accessories.
- Investigates industrial accidents to minimize recurrence. Prepare studies and analyses of industrial accident causes and hazards to health for use by company personnel and outside agencies. Develops and implements a program and system to track and evaluate worker injuries.
- Maintains working knowledge of new developments in the industry and government regulations.
- Bachelor's Degree (Technical, Scientific or Engineering) and Five to Seven years experience.
- Experience with Ergo, safety, sheet metal.
- ISO experience preferred.