City Desk Rep
Be part of a growing, successful company in an exciting and challenging field. Border States is 100% employee-owned, which means you’re empowered to make decisions, find solutions and receive rewards for your hard work.
This position will be located in: Grand Forks, ND
Supports the operation functions of the city desk. Enters orders, fills orders, processes returns, responsible for maintaining a clean, safe and well-stocked City Desk display area, maintains vendor catalogs and price sheets, informs proper departments of “stock outs”, and maintains assigned inventory stock locations.
- Provides customer service functions including, but not limited to, order entry, filling orders, processing returns, expediting, technical assistance, Will Call, and other functions, as needed.
- Maintains a clean, safe and well-stocked City Desk display area.
- Displays specials and other promotion items to sell.
- Maintains vendor catalogs and price sheets.
- Informs proper departments of “stock outs”, inventory discrepancies and other inventory problems or concerns.
- Maintains assigned inventory stock locations making sure the material that is put away has the correct locator and the shelves are kept neat and orderly.
- Abide by all safety requirements including wearing the required PPE gear.
- Participates in the marketing planning and strategizing for BSE product lines, as needed.
- Participates in the implementation and success of marketing plans, as required.
- Attends sales meetings as required and keeps current on new products and applications.
- Assists with receiving, shipping and other warehouse associate functions, as required.
- Ensures all batched managed material is labeled accurately and inventoried, as needed.
- Minimum of a two-year business/trade degree preferred or the equivalent in work experience.
- Minimum of one year of prior warehouse, city desk and/or sales experience with good knowledge of electrical products or systems preferred.
- Prefer the ability to read, write and speak in English.
- Prefer strong working knowledge of PC for Windows, Microsoft Office (Excel and Word), Internet, Email and SAP software.
- Excellent interpersonal, written and verbal communication, reading, and customer service skills are preferred with the ability to effectively plan and organize.
- Excellent customer service skills include being competent, accurate, responsive and engaged.
- Requires the ability to lift over 75 lbs. on an occasional basis, and/or move up to 25 – 50 lbs. on a frequent basis, and/or move up to 0 – 20 lbs. on a constant basis.
- May require constant standing and/or walking and occasional sitting.
- These physical requirements must be met with or without accommodation.
Border States is a leader in the electrical supply distribution industry with over 100 locations in 20 states. Our employee-owners are second to none in delivering top-notch customer service and in demonstrating extra-ordinary people skills. We are one of the largest independent electrical distributors in the United States providing products and services to the construction, industrial and utility industries. Border States has a competitive benefit package and is a 100 percent employee-owned company. Employee-ownership is a significant part of our culture and our success stems from the dedication of our employee-owners. We practice open-book management and our employee-owners are empowered with clearly defined levels of authority to be innovative and decisive, allowing us to respond quickly to the needs of customers. Employee-owners understand their roles in the success of the company and care about customers’ needs, which drives our focus on adding value to everything we do. We recognize that not all customers are the same and each has specific requirements. Our employee-owners understand these diverse needs and have the commitment, resourcefulness and flexibility to outperform all others.
As a Border States employee-owner, you’re responsible for living our mission, service philosophy and service standards.
Border States provides value to our customers by delivering innovative product and supply chain solutions.
We earn customer loyalty and confidence by caring about their needs and adding value to everything we do.
Border States employee-owners are competent, accurate, responsive, and engaged .
Join an experienced team at one of the largest electrical distributors in the United States. What are you waiting for?