Assistant Director of Marketing - The Forum
Assistant Director of Marketing - The Forum
Posted Date 1 month ago(1/15/2018 10:01 PM)
Number of Openings 1
Closing Date Open until Filled
Type of Search Staff
Who May Apply This position is open to all qualified applicants.
Position Number 2018-3278
Department/Unit Forum on Workplace Inclusion
FLSA Status Exempt/Salaried
Employment Type Full-Time Staff
Assigned Months per Year 12
Benefits Eligible Yes
The University of St. Thomas invites qualified candidates to apply for an Assistant Director of Marketing position within the Forum on Workplace Inclusion.
Inspired by Catholic intellectual tradition, the University of St. Thomas educates students to be morally responsible leaders who think critically, act wisely, and work skillfully to advance the common good. The successful candidate will possess a commitment to the ideals of this mission statement.
JOIN OUR COMMUNITY
The University of St. Thomas offers a competitive and comprehensive benefits program, which includes:
- Up to 100% tuition remission for employees, spouses, and dependents upon eligibility
- A generous employer retirement contribution of 9.4% of annual salary upon eligibility
- Medical, dental, and vision options
- Employer-paid disability, life, and AD&D benefits
The Forum on Workplace Inclusion is a learning convener, resource hub and curator of content around cultural diversity, inclusion and equity. The Forum consists of ongoing local, national and global events including a large annual conference, symposia, webinars, leadership breakfasts, and envisions broadening its learning opportunities by coordinating community think tanks and virtual learning platforms.
The Assistant Director of Marketing is accountable for the success of the entire Forum marketing and media workflow, and provides oversight to ensure the effectiveness of other external marketing resources/contractors. This position develops Forum marketing goals, objectives and execution plans in alignment with Forum and UST strategic priorities. This position for the successful implementation of The Forum's marketing plans throughout the calendar year and ensuring a consistent and thorough social media presence.
Besides supporting the marketing efforts The Forum this role may also support marketing for the Office of Diversity, consulting with the St. Thomas Marketing Department to deepen and advance the work of inclusion, diversity, and equity in the wider UST community.
- Author and administer website updates including information about the annual conference general sessions, seminars, workshops, learning labs, spotlight series, bios, marketplace, sponsor information, event highlights, and all other Forum events.
- Author and design email content, utilizing tools and information in CVENT, the Forum's event management system.
- Partner with contracted design firm and UST marketing/communications to produce Forum marketing collateral, and manage all external marketing contracts.
- Develop strategies, objectives, and key marketing messages that align with and promote The Forum's conference and other offerings throughout the year.
- Develop annual marketing and media plans – expanding tactics and objectives in the Forum's strategic plan.
- Ensure quality and appropriate copywriting, content management, project management and proofreading for Forum marketing collateral including: calling card, postcard, poster, ads, program book, signage, PPT template(s), one-page information sheets, brochures (sponsor, exhibitor, attendee) and other items as needed.
- Curate marketing content to include articles, videos and event information required for relevant Forum social media and resource library online presence year-round; Author annual social media calendar/schedule.
- Post to social media and monitor feedback year round.
- Bachelor's Degree in marketing, communications, business, or a relevant field
- Five years of experience in office management/program administration
- Relevant experience in marketing, advertising and media/PR
- Experience with conference/event and/or non-profit marketing.
- Advanced knowledge of Adobe Creative Suite (Photoshop, Illustrator, InDesign) and social media platforms (Facebook, Twitter, LinkedIn, YouTube)
- Knowledge of print production a plus
HOW TO APPLY
Applicants will be asked to upload a resume to their profile and copy/paste a cover letter into the application.
The University of St. Thomas, Minnesota Human Resources Department advertises the official job listing on its website www.stthomas.edu/jobs.
The University of St. Thomas is an Equal Opportunity Employer