The Estimating Manager is responsible for planning, directing and coordinating estimating and quoting functions as well as leading a group of employees responsible for preparing project bid packages. The Estimating Manager is responsible for providing leadership to the Estimating team that serve the Industrial Business Unit. The Estimating Manager oversees the estimating functions and activities related to the working of the estimation department. In addition, the Estimating Manager is responsible for maintaining, improving, and automating the processes where possible. Additional responsibilities include:
- Provide management and leadership to the Estimating team which includes training, mentoring, and hiring
- Ensure technical coordination in processes between various support departments including Sales, Engineering, Install, and Project Management
- Responsible for working cross-departmentally to support custom products being designed and quoted through the Refinish or Aerospace Business Units.
- Monitor current estimating process, maintain documents related to these processes and ensure that all processes conform to QMS guidelines. Develop automated estimating processes for all products as needed.
- Manage and update all quote tools including RFQs, Quote Templates, Distributor Quote tools, Internal Estimate Sheets, and all Excel estimating tools.
- Manage the processes and products and ensure that the requirements of the Sales Department and GFS customer are being met.
- Prior experience managing a team is required
- Bachelor’s Degree and one to two years related sales experience and/or training is preferred
- Ability to multi-task, troubleshoot, and read blueprints/drawing is considered a plus
- Must have strong written and oral communication skills
- Advanced computer skills, including Excel, are required
We offer a competitive wage based on experience and performance as well as a generous incentive plan. We also offer a comprehensive benefits plan, which includes Health, Dental, Vision, Life, Short and Long-Term Disability, 401K, and profit sharing.
Please apply online at www.gfscareers.us
Careers at Global Finishing Solutions
Recognized worldwide, Global Finishing Solutions (GFS) is the leading manufacturer of paint booths and finishing systems for a wide variety of industries — including automotive collision repair, aviation, industrial manufacturing, marine, military and defense, rail and transit, trucking and wood finishing. Our strength is in custom building finishing equipment to meet the unique needs of each customer. From sales and engineering to marketing and manufacturing, this variety of work makes our jobs exciting.
We believe that every employee ‘makes their mark’ on a company. A rapidly growing business, we are continuously seeking candidates to fill both new and vacant positions. Join us and see how you can make your mark.