Supervisor II - Dining Services
Supervisor II - Dining Services
Posted Date 1 month ago(1/16/2018 10:01 PM)
Number of Openings 1
Closing Date Open Until Filled
Type of Search Staff
Who May Apply This position is open to all qualified applicants.
Position Number 800019
Department/Unit Dining Services - Auxiliary Services
FLSA Status Non-Exempt/Hourly
Employment Type Full-Time Staff
Assigned Months per Year 12
Benefits Eligible Yes
The University of St. Thomas is looking for an enthusiastic and passionate leader who shares our values and passion for the hospitality industry. Dining Services invites qualified candidates to apply for a Supervisor II position and join our leadership team to positively contribute to our busy and vibrant residential dining operation.
Inspired by Catholic intellectual tradition, the University of St. Thomas educates students to be morally responsible leaders who think critically, act wisely, and work skillfully to advance the common good. The successful candidate will possess a commitment to the ideals of this mission statement.
This position presents applicants the opportunity to be a part of a leadership team that collaborates with our culinary team to offer our students exceptional, fresh, nutritious food, while employing sustainable, socially responsible business practices.
The mission of Dining Services is to provide excellent dining experiences, enriching and nourishing the University of St. Thomas community. As a part of this mission, we provide the nutritional foundation for the academic and co-curricular success of our students through a wide range of amenities that coincide with the diverse needs of our campus.
JOIN OUR COMMUNITY
The University of St. Thomas offers a competitive and comprehensive benefits program, which includes:
- Up to 100% tuition remission for employees, spouses, and dependents upon eligibility
- A generous employer retirement contribution of 9.4% of annual salary upon eligibility
- Medical, dental, and vision options
- Employer-paid disability, life, and AD&D benefits
The View dining facility Supervisor is responsible for all logistics in the front-of-house for this location. The primary responsibility of this position is to manage the floor during meal periods; particularly at peak times. Duties include: hiring, scheduling, payroll and ongoing training of student employees. This position reports to the View Manager and works closely with the culinary team to ensure a quality dining experience.
This position and the other supervisor positions work a variety of hours rotating their schedules based on business need, including nights and weekends. This position is designated as Emergency Essential. Emergency Essential employees are expected to remain at work if campus closes during their regular work schedule or to report to work if the campus closing announcement is made before their regular work schedule begins.
- Ensuring that there is sufficient operational coverage and overseeing all logistics in The View.
- Provides a continuous management presence throughout the operating hours.
- Works closely with the View Manager to develop student schedules and appropriate shifts that manage labor costs.
- Trains and supervises student employees according to standard operating procedures and other expectations.
- Assist with the monitoring of food and supplies, front-of-house equipment, and other tasks to ensure service runs smoothly.
- Responsible for overseeing the opening and closing procedures of the cash registers and related financial transactions/tasks.
- Responsible for adhering to the Department of Health codes and Safe Serv protocol.
- High school education or equivalent
- Four years of experience working in a large scale food preparation setting
- Experience working in one of the following: hotel, restaurant, or a college/university dining services, and supervisory experience.
- Serv Safe certification with the State of Minnesota
- Dietary/nutrition knowledge preferred but not required.
- Knowledge of Principles and practices of employee supervision, including selection, work planning, organization, performance review and evaluation, and employee training and discipline
Ability to: Work in and move about a kitchen facility; ability to use a computer and other equipment; ability to read printed materials; stamina to remain standing for extended periods of time; ability to lift and/or transport materials and equipment weighing up to 50 pounds; ability to work in environments with varying temperatures, (i.e., hot and cold serving lines, refrigerators, freezers, etc.); ability to work a variety of hours dictated by our business activities. The University provides reasonable accommodations to qualified individuals with disabilities who require and request accommodations in order to perform the essential functions of their jobs.
HOW TO APPLY
Applicants will be asked to upload a resume to their profile and copy/paste a cover letter into the application.
The University of St. Thomas, Minnesota Human Resources Department advertises the official job listing on its website www.stthomas.edu/jobs.
The University of St. Thomas is an Equal Opportunity Employer