Sales Assistant for Laboratory Services
Working with the leading pharmaceutical and biotechnology companies worldwide, MD Biosciences is looking to strengthen our business development team with the addition of a sales assistant at our St Paul/Minneapolis location. This position is diverse and provides many interesting opportunities to the person looking for a dynamic, growing position.
MD Biosciences is looking to fill our Sales Assistant position with an individual who has a background in biological research along with excellent client service and organizational skills. Candidates will have the ability to utilize their scientific acumen in a sales capacity while managing incoming client inquiries for our pre-clinical and clinical laboratory services.
Essential Job Functions
- Manage incoming client service requests; provide a satisfactory and positive experience, including responding to clients via email/phone, presenting an overview of company services that meet and predict the clients’ future needs.
- Build relationships through positive and proactive client interactions.
- Coordinate meetings between the client and the appropriate scientific personnel internally.
- Work with the business development and scientific teams to develop scientific research proposals that speak to the client’s needs, concerns, and objectives.
- Track, record and submit account progress and ensure data is accurate.
- Research and develop a thorough understanding of the company’s personnel and capabilities.
- Attend industry functions, such as association events and conferences, and provide feedback and information on scientific/market trends.
Essential Job Skills
- Candidates must have strong oral and written communication skills.
- Strong client service and interpersonal skills.
- Possess the ability to work collaboratively in a team.
- Organizational and tracking skills are a must.
Education and Experience Requirements
- B.S. or higher degree in related field.
- 1 to 2 year’s relevant experience in the life science industry.
This is a full-time, permanent position.