Sr. Marketing Underwriter, Work Comp
SFM -- The Work Comp Experts. Work Somewhere You Love.
SFM has a unique model and structures its teams into multi-functional business units. Sr. Marketing Underwriters report to the Business Manager, as do Claims Reps, Loss Prevention Reps, Nurses, and so on. Everyone in the unit works cohesively; it is not a segmented or silo approach. Inherently, there is room for growth and development within the team. **This position works from the Bloomington, MN corporate office but may require occasional overnight travel.**
- Meets with agent representatives off-site to review and monitor their performance, strengthen business relationships, establish marketing plan goals, and communicate company philosophy, procedures, service capabilities and new products or changes in products.
- Analyzes exposures and communicates with loss prevention, premium audit, and technical specialists to thoroughly evaluate insured risks when making mid-term policy changes and reviewing renewals. Makes judgmental decisions regarding continuation of coverage, pricing and the service needs of our customers and within authority level.
- Promotes new business activity. Evaluates and analyzes new business applications for relevant information and determines appropriate action to be taken. Selects the most profitable business possible, consistent with company best practices as well as team and company goals and objectives, within individual authority level. Educates on WC and Employer Practices Liability (EPL) coverage.
- Provides premier customer service to all customers and complies with customer service standards. Responds promptly to resolve complaints or problems. Adheres to internal business service-level agreements represented by various strategic business unit teams.
- Mentors and assists more junior underwriters and other coworkers in order to support a new generation of insurance professionals.
--We’re looking for--
- Bachelor’s degree in insurance, risk management, finance, business, marketing, or related field.
- Five plus years of underwriting (workers’ compensation and/or casualty) experience.
- Professional insurance designations (CPCU, ARM), preferred.
- Equivalent education and/or work experience may be substituted for degree.
- Working knowledge of state applicable WC rules and regulations, NCCI rules and its application to underwriting.
- Ability to evaluate accounts for acceptability and insurability.
- Marketing or sales experience is a must with proven presentation skills.
- Strong oral communication skills in order to interact in a team environment and to collaborate with other business units and a diverse group of customers.
- Ability to assimilate, understand, and analyze information from a variety of sources.
- Strong math skills to calculate and evaluate policy premiums, loss ratios, and retentions.
- Problem-solving and decision-making skills.
- Strong computer skills, preferably in Windows environment, including evaluating applications submitted through SFM’s online application management system.
- Effective prioritization, organization, and time management skills.
- Strong customer service and interpersonal skills.
- Involves travel to meet with policyholders/agents and attend industry conferences/events; local day trips and occasional overnight stays.
- Valid driver’s license, preferred.
- APPLY via the link provided!
If you need assistance during the application or interview process due to a disability, please contact Human Resources at (952) 838-2083 so accommodations may be discussed.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of the job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
SFM Companies, EEO/AA Employers.