Bookkeeper - Join a 2017 Top Workplace!
About Copeland Buhl & Company
Copeland Buhl has been providing accounting services to Minneapolis businesses for over 40 years. We are an excellent employer and have been recognized as a Top Workplace by the Star Tribune multiple times. Our compensation and benefits package is second to none and the opportunities for career advancement are virtually limitless. It is our awesome employees who are the key component in the recipe that makes our firm a great place to work!
The bookkeeping role is responsible for learning and applying their technical skills and working as part of a team.
- Maintain general ledger activity on a per project basis.
- Effectively documents work for month-end and year-end reconciliations to meet deadlines.
- Develops technical skills on the job and through formal learning channels.
- Works as an effective team member to complete projects and assigned tasks.
- Identifies task issues as well as task progress in a timely and organized manner.
- Participates in office wide initiatives.
- Builds strong team relationship skills.
- Builds strong relationships with clients of the firm.
- Associate or Bachelor’s degree preferred.
- 1-3 years of prior bookkeeping experienced preferred.
- Prior payroll experience preferred.
- Meet minimum standard for chargeable hours.
- Strong interpersonal and relationship building skills.
- Team player with a positive – “can do” approach.
- Ability to apply self to learning and applying technical skills.
- Co-operative team player.
- Strong communication skills.
- Experience working in MS Office Suite, QuickBooks Desktop, QuickBooks Online, Xero, and/or other small business accounting software.