Financial Analyst, Target Technology Services Finance
- Employment Status
- Full Time
Join us as a Financial Analyst, Target Technology Services FinanceIn this role you will be responsible for data integrity of the SMART System as well as analysis and governance of Technology License & Maintenance spend. You will work closely with internal clients in the Infrastructure portfolio of Target Technology Services (TTS) as well as IS&P, Target India, and the Portfolio Analyst team in TTS Finance. Principal Duties and Responsibilities:SMART system administration
- Owner of data entry and integrity for all License & Maintenance expense, contract, and operational information.
- Ensure accuracy of actuals, goal, and forecast data, inclusive of all contract changes (additions, cancellations, renegotiations, amendments, etc.).
- Facilitation of the Month-End Close process. Works with TTS partners to ensure that all actuals data reported in SMART matches SAP and is consistent with contractual and payment terms.
- Ensures all spend categories reflect accurate accounting treatment and that best practices for compliant spend validation are followed.
- Supports Technology Business Review process by leveraging analysis of operational and expense data to influence capability decisions.
- Supports TTS Finance Portfolio Analysts in development of business cases that may involve L&M spend or trade-offs between L&M and resource spend.
- Supports contract negotiations by providing operational and financial insight that helps create the most favorable service and contract terms.
- Drives clarity with accounting teams for the appropriate reflection of expense and capital considerations.
- Drives clarity with accounts payable for the appropriate reflection of expense timing and the booking of accruals.
- Drives all processes for monthly forecast, quarterly LRP, and annual goal. Owns process mapping, communication, and deliverables.
- Leverages analysis of operational and financial performance, including: service patterns, strategy changes, contract changes, accounting changes, and timing impacts.
- Proactively develops frameworks, models, reports to improve stakeholder understanding of key spend drivers and their impact on performance.
- Proactively presents findings of analysis to relevant partners to influence key technology spend decisions and to help drive forecasting accuracy.
- Includes support of purchase order and invoice processing in a timely manner, as well as support for service validation and accruals when necessary.
- College graduate with business/accounting degree
- Strong systems aptitude
- Knowledge of Accounting metrics and concepts
- Excellent analytical and problem solving skills
- Strong planning and organizational skills
- Strong collaborator and communicator
- Proficient in Excel