- Develop and implement a site wise structural steel management plan to include; assessment, prioritization, and management plans.
- Manage structural steel engineering projects from cost estimates, materials specifications, calculations, design of structures, facilities and equipment, to installation and start-up.
- Ensure contract work is documented properly with specifications and work scopes, coordinate within operational needs and completed safely.
- Direct and coordinate work performed by engineering consultants and contractors.
- Direct and coordinate work performed by operating employees as required for new equipment installation or testing to ensure conformity to engineering design and specifications.
- Provide structural steel assessments expertise to management, engineers, and mechanical crafts people on as needed basis.
- Conduct studies and prepare reports on project cost projections and potential cost-saving projects.
- Evaluate structural steel and provide decisions on condition.
- Produce general and fabrication drawings using AutoCAD.
- Bachelor’s degree in Structural Engineering.
- Licensed structural PE in Minnesota
- Previous knowledge of project management and creation of work scopes preferred.
- Previous project engineering experience preferred.
- Experience with cost analysis and budgeting.
- Experience with quality management systems.
- Organizational Skills – must have the ability to plan and coordinate multiple work tasks with a variety of employees, departments and outside contractors. Must be able to set goals and develop strategies and schedules to accomplish goals.
- People Skills – must have excellent interpersonal skills and the ability to motivate, empower, and delegate. Must be willing to promote Northshore team concepts and enforce company policies fairly and consistently. Must be skilled in team solving techniques.
- Communication Skills - must have excellent communication skills and be able to interact and communicate with all levels of the organization. Must have strong written and verbal communication skills. Must be willing to challenge the status quo, identify and pursue new ideas and opportunities to improve production, safety, add value, and/or solve problems.
- Decision Making Skills – must be able to think logically using factual data and structure ideas to influence others. Must make sound, timely decisions under conditions of uncertainty and risk. Must be able to multi-task and work well under stressful conditions.
- Computer Skills – must have strong computer skills; Microsoft Office experience, Access experience, and Auto-cad experience; preference for individuals with computerized maintenance management system experience.
- Must be capable of working effectively and safely using a participative management style in a team environment.
Please note that all applicants must meet the physical requirements of the position by the close of the posting period.
All interested external candidates should apply online at: jobs.clevelandcliffs.com/
Northshore Mining and Cleveland Cliffs is an Equal Opportunity Employer.