Inserter Operator (Will Train) - 2nd Shift (3:30pm-midnight)
This position is responsible for accurately inserting, folding, metering quality checking, and sorting customer mail per written instructions. Will train this position if necessary.
Essential Position Responsibilities:
- Understand and perform all aspects of inserting process including material movement, set-up, post processing and U.S.P.S. defined requirements.
- Set up materials according to machinery specifications and process documents accurately per job instruction sheets.
- Ability to follow defined processes and procedures.
- Setup and run off-line meters.
- Understand how to perform quality processes and take appropriate corrective actions.
- Route materials to a final destination and complete post-processing paperwork.
- Troubleshoot minor machine malfunctions and perform light machine maintenance.
- Responsible for keeping the work area clean and orderly.
- MUST pass a government background check
- High school diploma or equivalent
- Ability to lift, push, and/or pull objects up to 50 pounds routinely; the ability to work with heavy machinery.
- Detail orientated.
- Good organizational and mathematical skills.
- Ability to multi-task in a fast paced environment.
Essential Job Requirements:
- Report to work promptly when scheduled
- Be able to work under supervision and accept feedback
- Relate effectively and work respectfully with diverse work groups
- Ability to consistently perform well during times of increased work load
- Set and meet deadlines
- Manage multiple job functions simultaneously
- Keep Supervisor / Lead aware of any irregularities that may negatively affect commitments to our clients.
- Support, promote & participate in 5S / Continuous Improvement efforts.
- 1+ years experience in mailing operations to include running Pitney Bowes inserters
- Knowledge of base inserters, folders, cutters and sheet feeders
Reporting to this position: No direct reports
This job requires frequent balancing, stooping, crouching, reaching, standing, walking, pushing, lifting and grasping, the ability to hear clearly at conversation levels, the ability to lift objects of 50 pounds or more routinely and have clear close, peripheral and distance vision. The essential duties must be performed satisfactorily in order for an individual to successfully fulfill the requirements of this position. This position will be occasionally exposed to some hazardous material and conditions. In addition there will also be exposure intense noise.