This position is responsible for the accurate and efficient operation of a variety of bindery equipment. This equipment includes but is not limited to sheet folders, sheet collators/folders/stitchers, shrinkwrappers, counters, guillotine cutters, tabbers, forklifts, inkjet, scales, printers, scanners and miscellaneous hand tools and equipment.
Essential Position Responsibilities:
- Set up and operate a variety of printing related finishing equipment, producing quality scannable documents, meet customer specifications and scanning requirements based on a thorough knowledge of OMR, OCR and Image scanning and production standards.
- Read and understand job ticket specifications and challenge conflicting or incomplete information.
- Achieve daily production goals with the highest standard of quality. Work with internal and external clients on project and quality issues as needed.
- Prepare and route finished materials for shipment by packaging, skidding properly and preparing shipper paperwork.
- Accurately complete processing paperwork.
- Troubleshoot equipment problems effectively with minimal waste of time and materials.
- Perform regular examinations, adjustments, repairs and maintenance of finishing equipment; monitor parts inventory; inform supervisor of inventory re-order point.
- Complete special projects as assigned.
- High school diploma or equivalent
- Experience running a variety of finishing machines and equipment
- Demonstrated mechanical aptitude
- Basic mathematical skills
- Experience in operating and maintaining bindery equipment, troubleshooting
- Computer competency
Essential Job Requirements:
- Report to work promptly when scheduled
- Be able to work under supervision and accept feedback
- Relate effectively and work respectfully with diverse work groups
- Ability to consistently perform well during times of increased work load
- Meet deadlines
- Manage multiple job functions simultaneously
Physical Requirements: This job requires frequent stooping, reaching, standing, walking, pushing, lifting and grasping, the ability to hear clearly at conversation levels, the ability to lift objects of pounds or more routinely and have clear close, peripheral and distance vision. The essential duties must be performed satisfactorily in order for an individual to successfully fulfill the requirements of this position. This position will be occasionally exposed to some hazardous material and conditions. In addition there will also be exposure to extreme temperatures and intense noise.
Data Recognition Corporation is an Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity Employer, M/F/D/V