Psychiatric Technician (PRN)
As a Psychiatric Technician, you will:
• Assist in the observation, planning, intervention, and evaluation of patient care
• Ensure safety of patients and staff members with consistent monitoring for potential safety hazards through metal detection and belongings searches – report issues appropriately
• Create an environment that provides the best care and patient experience
• Establish therapeutic relationships with patients
• Utilize verbal de-escalation tools as needed
• Keep assigned unit organized by notifying correct individual when supplies are low
• Sanitize program utensils, toys, and other containers/materials as needed
• Monitor assigned unit to ensure tidiness, cleanliness, and safety
• Perform clerical functions as directed
• Facilitate goal and activity groups
• Work under the direct supervision of the RN and Lead Tech
**This is a PRN position requiring a minimum of 4 shifts per month**
• High School diploma
• Knowledge of mental health, generally gained through a minimum of one year experience in higher education for behavioral sciences or related field
• Oriented and educated in gender, cultural, and age appropriate care
• Ability to display a professional attitude in all aspects of performance
• Ability to use Microsoft Office products, a fax machine, and copier as needed
PrairieCare is a physician-owned and operated psychiatric healthcare system experiencing rapid growth in the Twin Cities. With multiple sites across the Twin Cities, PrairieCare has quickly grown to become one of the State’s largest providers of mental health services to children, adolescents and their families.
Please no phone calls
PrairieCare does not discriminate against any person on the basis of race, color, national origin, disability or age in admissions, treatment or participation in its programs, services and activities or employment.
PrairieCare is an Affirmative Action Employer/Equal Opportunity Employer supporting Veterans, Disabled and other protected individuals and is committed to a diverse workforce. Offers of employment from PrairieCare are conditional and contingent upon successful clearance of all background studies.