Inside Sales Rep
Responsible for increasing direct inside sales and meeting/exceeding revenue targets and annual quota to the school and library market in designated regional/state territories primarily via telephone relationships.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Prospect and establish sales relationships with district level and building level library buyers primarily via the telephone and through email. An assigned territory of customers and prospects will be provided.
- Research budgets and buying criteria and needs for all territories. Research sales history in territory to determine any preexisting accounts and open communications with the customer to further develop the sales relationship.
- Follow-up on qualified leads, working to ensure that the leads become sales. Work with School & Library Direct Sales Manager to develop leads in territory.
- Organize leads obtained at tradeshows and follow-up by contacting the designated contact with sales opportunities.
- Send out appropriate sales materials (e.g. catalogs, promotional items, etc.) and samples to customer base, in order to help generate sales.
- Service accounts by providing suggested title lists and quotations to fit their expressed product needs.
- Establish an ongoing familiarity with our full range of company products and services (including digital formats) in order to effectively propose targeted materials to fit customer needs.
- Tailor sales strategies and tactics for prospective and current accounts to achieve and exceed company revenue goals and 100% of established sales targets—and apply a thorough understanding of the customer’s needs and our products to all presentations.
- Promote the benefits of buying direct through inside sales (including special offers only available to customers purchasing direct).
- Record the results of each call and follow-up accordingly. Use Salesforce.com to provide weekly progress reports on key accounts. Monitor and measure progress and make improvements to adjust strategy, implementation, and execution where necessary to achieve sales goals. Provide regular status updates to keep School & Library Direct Sales Manager abreast of all important account developments and issues.
- Use ClearSlide and GoToMeeting for presentations and mass emailings—as well as Sales Force for some email campaigns.
- Use Sales Cube to research direct sales history and prioritize potential customers using Affinity scores.
- File bids, applications, and any other paperwork as required to become an approved vendor.
- Research state websites and call prospective customers at the state level over the summer and research additional revenue streams for each state or district.
- Consult the company on trends, marketability of upcoming titles, feedback on existing titles and client needs, and new ways to improve customer satisfaction and loyalty. Identify and communicate competitor activities and other industry activities that affect market share.
- Work with supervisor and marketing to develop sales campaigns with high regional appeal.
- Troubleshoot account issues (e.g. out of print books, processing problems, credit hold, bad debt, etc.) and work with customer toward a satisfactory resolution.
- Closely and cooperatively work with customer service to meet customer needs.
- Represent the company at trade shows and in online and customer visits in key territories as needed and as directed by supervisor
- Experience and Necessary Skills:
- 3+ years of proven and successful track record of direct sales experience.
- Determined self-starter with high energy and motivation and effective time management skills.
- Must have experience with and willingness to identify and cultivate new accounts and use CRM (Salesforce.com) and other designated prospecting tools.
- Proven ability to prioritize projects and daily tasks to meet long-term and short-term deadlines.
Apply for Inside Sales Rep
Already uploaded your resume? Sign in to apply instantly