Humera is currently seeking a Transportation Coordinator for our client in Bloomington, MN. The transportation coordinator ensures the timely delivery of raw materials, components and finished goods while keeping costs to a minimum. This role is responsible for the management of the inbound transportation program. This is a long-term contract opportunity!
- Handle inbound calls/emails from suppliers and plants
- Route freight based on weight, origin, destination, required delivery date, cost
- Select appropriate mode (method of how we ship Parcel, LTL, full truckload, etc.)
- Handle Freight Bill payment and code invoices.
- Arrange transportation for Full Truckload and Expedited Moves
- Providing suppliers shipping instructions, arranging transportation as needed, following up with internal and external customer requests for tracking, proof of delivery, etc.
- Ensuring that freight bills are allocated and approved in a timely manner through our third party freight payment company.
- Contractor will not be responsible for setting up contracts and more advanced transportation responsibilities
- 1-2 years professional experience in transportation/logistics related field.
- Operational familiarity with all modes of domestic transportation such as parcel, LTL, Full Truckload, Intermodal and expedited.
- Basic understanding of freight pricing/costing models and accounting principles.
- Domestic experience needed only
- Strong computer skills, ie. MS Office skills - Excel, Word & Outlook
- ERP experience is helpful