Temporary Office Assistant
Parametric, headquartered in Seattle, WA, is a leading global asset management firm providing systematic, rules-based investment strategies and customized exposure management to institutions and individual investors around the world. We take an engineer’s approach to asset management - mathematical, pragmatic and testable. Parametric portfolio managers act as investment "engineers," creating portfolios with explicit risk and return targets and continually measuring and managing the impact of relevant costs. Our approaches are, at their roots, quantitative and rules-based. They evolve slowly, as they don’t require repeated tactical insights into valuations or market direction. Parametric is a majority-owned subsidiary of Eaton Vance Corp. and offers these capabilities through investment centers in Seattle, WA, Minneapolis, MN and Westport, CT.
This role will be responsible for the management of the reception desk and maintaining a professional and welcoming office environment. This includes, but is not limited to, graciously welcoming and assisting clients and other guests visiting the office, administrative assistance to the firm, overseeing the company calendar, guest services to outside parties, travel assistance and projects which may be one-time or ongoing efforts.
This role is a Temporary Assignment to support the Administration team over a 3-6 month period. This role will be 20-40 hours per week based on business need.
- Manage the reception desk by welcoming visitors to the office in a friendly and hospitable manner during core business hours. Occasional early or late meeting may need to be accommodated. Work with colleagues to determine appropriate times to be away from the front desk.
- Facilitate the maintenance of a professional atmosphere throughout the office. Organize common areas and ensure conference rooms are neat, organized and supplied with necessary equipment for ongoing use and special purposes. This includes beverages, meeting materials, business cards, etc.
- Answer telephone professionally, and redirect calls accordingly. Take complete and accurate messages when necessary.
- Oversee the company shared calendar, insure its accuracy by paying close attention to time zone differences, travel dates, and availability of meeting attendees.
- Responsible for incoming and outgoing mail and deliveries. This may include assisting with mass mailings or production of mailed pieces.
- Responsible for UPS and other courier receipts and deliveries.
- Provide administrative support to Parametric Minneapolis associates and to guests. This may include, but is not limited to faxing, filing, mailings and scanning.
- Assure accurate inventory is maintained for all office & kitchen supplies. This may also include organization of supplies and maintaining tidiness of kitchens throughout the day.
- Other projects and duties as assigned.
- 1+ years of administrative experience in a professional services firm required
- Highly proficient in Microsoft suite of office products including Outlook, Word, Excel and Power Point
- Eager to assist, self-motivated, and collaborative
- Demonstrated ability to maintain confidentiality of sensitive information
- Ability to work in a fast paced environment and to manage multiple priorities
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Demonstrated professionalism in a client or customer facing role
- Ability to pay great attention to detail with emphasis on accuracy and quality