Electrical Supervisor (Days)
The Electrical Supervisor is responsible for providing electrical supervision support to the Mining Department at Hibbing Taconite. They will do this by working with other Maintenance Supervisors and Planners in order to establish priorities and best practices for putting equipment back into production and planning future preventative maintenance projects.
- Ensure conformance with Cliff’s requirements for safety, ethics, accountability, and environmental requirements through commitment to the Cliffs Core Values.
- Supervise a crew of electricians relating to maintenance of shovels, drills, trucks & support equipment and power distribution throughout the pit.
- Participates in the weekly asset meeting in development of the plan and schedule.
- Orders all necessary parts and materials to complete the work plan.
- Assists in the development of long-range maintenance schedules and budgets.
- Communicates the key maintenance performance indicators as well as the companies’ KPIs.
- Plan and prioritize work assignments from the weekly work order packet on a daily basis by coordinating and communicating with operations, maintenance, and scheduling personnel.
- Communicate work assignments to employees.
- Coordinate, facilitate, and motivate employees to safely and efficiently execute and complete their work assignments.
- Establish high performance standards for the employees; promote and encourage the achievement of these standards, provide feedback to employees on their progress, and implement disciplinary measures if necessary.
- Update scheduling personnel on daily and weekly carry-over work.
- Ensure employee compliance to corporate, property and departmental policies and standard work procedures, and the collective bargaining agreement.
- Coordinate and facilitate departmental training.
- Ability to communicate at all levels of the operations
- Must be a leader who is self-motivated, a team player and results driven
The ideal candidate will have the following education, work experience, and abilities:
- B.S. Degree in Electrical Engineering or Journeyman/Master Electrician or Automation Control with supervisory experience.
- 3 years’ experience in managing/supervisory/engineering in a heavy equipment/manufacturing environment.
- Automation Control Experience
- Heavy Equipment Electrical Troubleshooting preferred
- Skilled in high/low voltage systems, PLC controls, Power Distribution Systems
- Proficient in Microsoft Office Suite
Natural Focus on Customer Service Excellence
- Commitment to consistently deliver high quality results that improve business operations and process’s, through the creative and effective use of technology.
Provide leadership, create engagement, develop teamwork and foster relationships, both within the department and throughout the organization.
Ethics and Integrity
Approach internal and external relationships with ethics and integrity
Possesses a demonstrated bottom line focus and a passion for creating strong operational partnerships that fully integrate and align with goals of the business with the needs of the customer and managers.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Strong interpersonal skills, team orientation, and ability to work cross-functionally.
- Proven management skills, including ability to lead projects and outside vendors.
- Ability to multitask and flexibility to accommodate changing priorities
Hibbing Taconite is a Military Friendly Employer.