The financial analyst is responsible for the collection and verification of data contained in the Health Care Cost Information System (HCCIS) format under regulations mandated by the State of Minnesota and promulgated by the Minnesota Department of Health. Maintain HCCIS database, produce reports and respond to information requests. Analyze data and provide special reports for policy development and lobbying functions.
This position collects hospital data under agreement with the Minnesota Department of Health and is responsible for data integrity. Hospital Annual Report (HAR) data is public information made available to lobbyists, hospital administrators, legal staff and other key decision makers. This position works with other analysts and management to monitor economic and governmental changes that might affect Association positions and policies.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES include the following. Other duties may be assigned.
- Process HCCIS form sets.
- Obtain revisions, interpret data, audit and analyze individual hospital financial and statistical data contained in the HCCIS format, audited financial statements and Medicare Cost Reports.
- Develop member financial database and merge with available databases for use in analyzing and developing Associations’ positions on legislation and/or regulations impacting members.
- Ensure data integrity.
- Edit and verify data as needed for accuracy and consistency before uploading to HAR database.
- Evaluate and recommend changes to audit, form set, commentary and other HAR data processing controls and procedures.
- Design and produce reports from HAR database.
- Prepare and publish individual hospital commentaries, profiles and custom reports using the HAR database as well as word processing and spreadsheet software.
- Answer questions regarding HAR reports and analysis.
- Develop and compile surveys including executive salary survey and community benefits reporting.
- Other duties and tasks as requested.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
EDUCATION and/or EXPERIENCE
Bachelor's degree (B. A.) from four-year college or university; or one to two years related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
CERTIFICATES, LICENSES, REGISTRATIONS
Manage two Financial Analyst Internship positions. This includes posting the job opening, interviewing and hiring two candidates and training them. The internship program runs for 240 hours and the candidates start around the beginning of July.
Ability to read, analyze, and interpret general business periodicals, professional journals, technical procedures, or governmental regulations. Ability to write reports, business correspondence, and procedure manuals. Ability to effectively present information and respond to questions from groups of managers, clients, customers, and the general public.
Ability to calculate figures and amounts such as discounts, interest, commissions, proportions, percentages, area, circumference, and volume. Ability to apply concepts of basic algebra and geometry.
Ability to define problems, collect data, establish facts, and draw valid conclusions. Ability to interpret an extensive variety of technical instructions in mathematical or diagram form and deal with several abstract and concrete variables.
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office, in particular Excel, Word, Access and PowerPoint.
- SQL Knowledge
- Basic understanding ability to code (i.e. Visual Basic, Excel Macros, etc.)
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- The noise level in the environment is moderate.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- While performing the duties of this job the employee is regularly required to talk or hear. The employee is frequently required to sit, stand, walk, reach with hands and arms, and use hands to finger, handle, or feel. The employee may occasionally be required to lift up to 10 pounds. The vision requirements include close and distant vision.
This job specification should not be construed to imply that these requirements are the exclusive standards of the position. Incumbents will follow any other instructions and perform any other related duties as may be required by their supervisor.
Apply online at: www.oasisdeg.com using the following username and password:
Username = MCCA
Password = applicant
After entering your name and other personal data, you will be prompted to enter the following code: JS1415.
Make sure to enter the code correctly so the hiring manager receives notification of your application.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, genetic information, disability, age, or any other status protected by state or local law, for qualified applicants who fall within the jurisdiction of such law.
We are Affirmative Action, Equal Opportunity Employer.