Sr. Engineering Manager
As a Sr. Engineering Manager, you will lead an engineering team in an agile environment building solutions. The key to the success of this position is having strong & innovative approach to problem solving, great technical leadership, excellent communication (written and verbal, formal and informal), flexibility, and a self-motivated working style with attention to detail.
Our portfolio is responsible for ensuring a fast, reliable and secure guest checkout, payment and returns experience at 1800+ stores across the US. We enable nearly 80,000 team members to give the guest a great Target shopping experience on 55,000+ registers, including 5,000+ self-checkout devices every day. The team you would lead is responsible for development and support of our new mobile POS device, self-checkout and classic POS registers.
Use your skills, experience and talents to be a part of groundbreaking thinking and visionary goals. As a Sr. Engineering manager, you'll take the lead as you…
- Drive best practices and ensure development of high quality solutions/technologies through advocating for and ensuring standards for common assets and framework components
- Determine the right technology choices (tech stack, development frameworks, upgrade decisions, hosting decision) to best deliver business value keeping in mind availability, scalability and reliability of solution at massive scale.
- Drive resolution of technology roadblocks including code, infrastructure, build and deployment and be accountable for fully realizing business value by working with Product Management to deliver to customer expectations
- Manage cross-product technical dependencies, alignment of key objectives and drive resolutions to conflicts to speed team delivery
- Advocate for and ensure standards around technologies, frameworks, design patterns, processes and guiding values of the domain architecture, following and contributing to enterprise standards and architecture
- Ensure all solutions/technologies adheres to all development & security standards for internal and external accessible applications
- Software engineering experience
- Experience with at least one full cycle implementation from requirement to production.
- Experience in building/implementing high performance & scalable applications
- Experience managing software development teams with a strong track record of project delivery for large, cross-functional projects.
- Experience operating large scale systems running on many endpoints
- Experience with test-driven development and software test automation
- Experience with customer facing application
- Strong sense of ownership
- Strong written and verbal communication skills with the ability to present complex technical information in a clear and concise manner to variety of audiences
·BS degree in computer science or equivalent
·Data and payment security knowledge/expertise.
·Experience with C++, C#, .NET Framework, SQL Express/Server, WIX (Installer) and NCR-RCS Foundation Library
·Contribute back to the Open Source community is desirable
·Extensive experience working in an agile environment (i.e. user stories, iterative development, etc.)