Lead Engineer | Stores Hosting Control Rooms
Similar Industry Titles and Key Words: Data Center Infrastructure Engineer, Electrical Engineer, Power and Cooling Infrastructure Engineer, Data Center Best Practices, RCDD
Target is a Fortune 500 leading retailer with a world class technology team innovating at the bleeding edge of technology with blazing speed. This role emphasizes developing solutions that will support the very latest edge computing technologies in our stores, including compute and network virtualization.
About this opportunity
As a lead engineer on the Stores Hosting Control Room team you will….
- Help shape the future of Target's computing environments in stores by using your infrastructure experience and knowledge by assisting in leading the design and implementation of low voltage structured cabling, grounding and bonding, power and UPS standards to ensure the highest system availability possible.
- Use industry trends as well as internal resources to predict needs and changes in computing environments to continuously update standards and implementation methods.
- Develop and foster strong relationships within Target and with a network of vendors and providers to deliver fast and robust solutions without compromising stability.
- Deliver world class operational outcomes with an emphasis on stability, security and safety.
- Use standard enterprise monitoring tools to help enable proactive detection and alerting of system health.
- Assist with developing long-term strategies and planning the execution of our objectives.
- Foster a healthy team culture by being inclusive, open and being accountable.
- Contribute to creating team training and continuous development plans by using your knowledge as well as industry best practices.
- BA/BS or equivalent experience
- 7-9 years total work experience
- In depth knowledge of modern data center standards and best practices in infrastructure and power/UPS designs
- Remain current on technical knowledge within areas of expertise via formal training and self-directed education
- Basic understanding of server and network devices in larger organizations
- Working understanding of office productivity tools such as Word, Excel, email, etc.
- Available for limited travel
- RCDD, network or other infrastructure certifications and related experience
- Electrical engineering background and/or licensed electrician
- Experience with software development or use of enterprise class monitoring tools
- Experience in Agile development