Posted Date 3 weeks ago(2/6/2018 10:01 PM)
Number of Openings 1
Closing Date Open Until Filled
Type of Search Staff
Who May Apply This position is open to all qualified applicants.
Position Number 100116
Department/Unit Dining Services - Auxiliary Services
FLSA Status Exempt/Salaried
Employment Type Full-Time Staff
Assigned Months per Year 12
Benefits Eligible Yes
The University of St. Thomas is looking for an enthusiastic Purchasing Manager who shares our values and passion for the hospitality industry. Dining Services invites qualified candidates to apply for the Purchasing Manager position to contribute to and be part of our energetic and vibrant operation.
Inspired by Catholic intellectual tradition, the University of St. Thomas educates students to be morally responsible leaders who think critically, act wisely, and work skillfully to advance the common good. The successful candidate will possess a commitment to the ideals of this mission statement.
JOIN OUR COMMUNITY
The University of St. Thomas offers a competitive and comprehensive benefits program, which includes:
- Up to 100% tuition remission for employees, spouses, and dependents upon eligibility
- A generous employer retirement contribution of 9.4% of annual salary upon eligibility
- Medical, dental, and vision options
- Employer-paid disability, life, and AD&D benefits
Under the direction of the Assistant Director of Finance & Systems, the Purchasing Manager assists the ADFS in the oversight and management of all purchasing and procurement activities across Dining Services to include both residential and retail operations. Assists with standardizing purchasing processes and tasks for food, equipment and supplies in support of operations using generally accepted purchasing procedures.
This position work with all purchasing agents across campus to standardize procedures, items, and order guides. The primary software utilized in the majority of all procurement is CBORD Foodservice Suite (FSS). This position will work collaboratively with location managers, production staff and the Executive Chef to ensure purchasing agents are efficiently managing daily food/product procurement.
Assists the ADFS in maintaining compliance across all dining locations with the defined procedures and processes for purchasing; strategically sourcing commodities, goods and services to drive cost reductions across retail and residential dining operations. Position also provides key systems support for other dining services applications including but not limited to EventMaster/NetCatering, NetHIMS, and Digital Signage.
- Assists with a standardized purchasing model for food, equipment and supplies; centralizing products, standards and processing across the department in conjuction with the various dining locations still completing their individual purchasing tasks.
- Requests all product pricing and or collection of bids relative to all equipment purchasing for all residential, retail and catering operations
- Works with the Purchasing Coordinator in the View for catering procurement in addition to food purchasing for the largest residential dining facility on campus.
- This position works collaboratively with the View Manager, Receiving Clerk, Executive Chef and Production Chef to ensure that the Purchasing Coordinator for the View is efficiently managing daily food/product procurement.
- Assists the ADFS in maintaining compliance across all dining locations with the defined procedures and processes for purchasing; strategically sourcing commodities, goods and services to drive cost reductions across retail and residental dining operations. This position will complete regularly scheduled compliance audits to ensure ongoing unit alignment with established processes and procurement policies.
- The primary software utilized in the majority of all procurement is Foodservice Suite (FSS).
- Bachelor's degree in Business, Supply Chain, or Computer Systems.
- Three years of professional purchasing experience
- Experience working in large organization and food service environment desired.
- CBORD software experience
HOW TO APPLY
On our Jobs page, follow the instructions to complete an online application which includes uploading a resume and copy/pasting a job specific cover letter.
The University of St. Thomas, Minnesota Human Resources Department advertises the official job listing on its website if you visit www.stthomas.edu/jobs.
The University of St. Thomas is an Equal Opportunity Employer