Medical Billing Representative
Humera is looking for a Medical Billing Representative t to work in New Brighton. This person will invoice customers for services rendered and apply all the money and credits to their accounts. This is a long-term contract opportunity.
- Work aging, correspondence and daily insurance reports to research insurance issues on accessions while identifying and correcting common trends.
- Collaborate with internal and external (payers, clients, vendors) customers to identify/solve issues for needed information needed for billing purposes.
- Receive and resolve incoming phone calls from internal and external customers (patients, clients, sales, collections, client services, vendors and payers).
- Responsible for assigned region/payer group to meet departmental goals set by leads and manager.
- Responsible for communicating all issues relating to DSO to their Lead and all escalated situations to the Ins Manager.
- Communicate via telephone with a physician, insurance company and patients
- Update invoice with current billing information to bill insurance carriers
- Update invoice with additional information regarding secondary coverage
- Print and understand Explanation of Benefit statements in order to bill patients
- Print and appeal claims for denials
- Read and understand departmental SOPs for working denials or correspondence
- Understand denials from carriers to determine next best action according to Standard Operation of Procedures
- Call insurance companies to verify benefit levels and check status of claims
- Answer telephones
- Maintain logs and records
- Organizational skills
- Proficiency with numbers
- Research information
- Time management
- Train employees
- Use computerized databases
- Written and verbal communications
- Customer service skills; should be able to recognize the customer as the physician and internal/external customers
- Ability to work well with others and not create conflict
- Requires a High School Diploma or equivalent, but prefer an Associate's Degree w/3-5 years experience.
- Requires Medical Billing and Coding Certificate