- Works with I.S Manager to plan program code enhancements and changes.
- Create, test and maintain all Jonti-Craft program code.
- Provide assistance throughout the department to help resolve problems within the database, SQL database or any IT issues by themselves.
- Works with customers as needed to clarify the intent of a new feature or resolve any problems within the internal and external network.
- Works with the IS Manager to perform upgrades and security backups of all hardware and software systems.
- Redesign and program new code that will maintain and bring our custom system code up to current technology standards.
- Maintains complex programming projects and programs and carries them out from design and development to production.
- Works with external and internal customers developing upgrades or requests to enhance network programs such as freight estimator or carting system.
- Designs and maintains technical programming project documentation.
- Interacts with team to assist all internal and external clients on all levels to help resolve IT related issues and provides answers in a timely manner.
- Tests and corrects any issues related to Microsoft Windows Update services (WSUS)
- Ability to assist in the updates relating to but not limited to core operating systems such as SQL servers, Exchange server and all technology relating to Fourth shift. (MRP system)
- Good working knowledge of Fourth shift.
- Reviews tests and evaluates all new versions of operating systems and related software.
- Communicates effectively with all internal and external customers.
- Analyzes software specifications for completeness and compatibility with operating system capabilities.
- Converts software specification requirements into appropriate programming language.
- Serves as back-up for hardware-related problems, including phones, copy machines, pocket pcs, etc.
- Other duties as assigned.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES:
- Knowledge of the theory, principles and practices of systems and applications programming.
- Ability to respond in a timely manner to interdepartmental as well as external client requests for service and assistance.
- Skill in use of the programming and job control language specific to the assignment.
- Knowledge of Visual Basic, VB.NET
- Knowledge of ASP,NET IIS, SQL, ACCESS,
- Firm knowledge of Networking/LANS, TCP/IP protocol.
EDUCATION and EXPERIENCE:
B.S. degree in Computer Science or equivalent experience.
2-3 years experience in systems and or applications programming preferred.
Manufacturing background and experience preferred.
Apply for Programmer
Already uploaded your resume? Sign in to apply instantly