Art Therapist, Edina (Part-time)
As an Art Therapist, you will:
• Assess, plan, implement and evaluate the art therapy services for patients of PrairieCare
• Seek to enhanced the functioning of patients
• Provide group art therapy sessions
• Maintain art therapy supplies
• Provide coverage for other program group therapists as need arises
• Contribute to the interdisciplinary team with a unique perspective on family systems and/or art therapy theories
• Receive continuous job training through consultation with other therapists, completion of ongoing in-service and orientation programs, and attendance of off-site continuing education programs as approved by management.
**Hours are Tuesday, Wednesday and Thursday within 8-4:30**
• Master’s degree training in Art Therapy
• Minimum of 2 years’ post-graduate experience in behavioral healthcare
• Ability to maintain required malpractice insurance, if needed
• Oriented and educated in gender, culture and age-appropriate care
• Ability to adhere to the ATCB Code of Professional Practice and the American Art Therapy Association’s Ethical Principles for Art Therapy, as well as facilitate specific policies and procedures
• Graduation from an accredited Art Therapy program and licensure as a Registered Art Therapist (ATR) and LMFT or LPCC preferred
• This position requires concurrent clinical supervision by a Registered Art Therapist (ATR or ATR-BC) until employee has obtained credentials approved by Art Therapy Credentials Board
PrairieCare is a physician-owned and operated psychiatric healthcare system experiencing rapid growth in the Twin Cities. With multiple sites across the Twin Cities, PrairieCare has quickly grown to become one of the State’s largest providers of mental health services to children, adolescents and their families.
Please no phone calls
PrairieCare does not discriminate against any person on the basis of race, color, national origin, disability or age in admissions, treatment or participation in its programs, services and activities or employment. PrairieCare is an Affirmative Action Employer/Equal Opportunity Employer supporting Veterans, Disabled and other protected individuals and is committed to a diverse workforce. Offers of employment from PrairieCare are conditional and contingent upon successful clearance of all background studies.