Vendor Food Safety and Quality Assurance Program Lead
Description: JOIN US AS A Vendor Food Safety and Quality Assurance Program Lead Similar Industry Titles and Key Words: Food Safety, Quality Assurance, microbiologist, chemistry, biologyAbout This OpportunityTarget is an iconic brand, a Fortune 50 company and one of America's leading retailers.Target is well known for its signature ability to build the very best teams, and we infuse our work with Target's distinctive retail brand by continuously experimenting, evolving and innovating. With the chance to positively impact nearly 350,000 people worldwide in our stores, distribution centers and headquarters, you'll be a strategic partner to both the leaders and the team members who elevate and nurture the Target guest experience. Our dynamic, passionate and responsive team comprises specialized people-professionals from several diverse disciplines. We operate behind the scenes to create a progressive culture of value, respect, reward and professional advancement. Use your skills, experience and talents to be a part of groundbreaking thinking and visionary goals. As a Food Safety and Quality Assurance Program Lead, you will…
- Design, develop, and implement Food Safety and Quality Assurance programs, policies, procedures, compliance standards, and performance metrics.
- Ensure vendor compliance to Target requirements with regard to food safety, quality and regulatory compliance. Partner with business team to hold vendor accountable through approving, suspending, restricting or disqualifying as required.
- Support Owned Brand Food growth by assisting with defining product specifications, playing a key role in the product review process, ensuring product conformity to defined specifications and managing the internal and vendor approval process.
- Lead the review of guest contact data and present the analyses and reports with vendor and partner with cross-functional team to drive continuous quality improvements projects.Drive product quality program execution by balancing resource constraints while being a champion for product quality.
- Lead multiple concurrent cross pyramid projects to development and implementation of processes, procedures and programs for product quality measurement and reporting. Work with stakeholders to define and measure complex business objectives.
- Develop and implement communication plans to share measurements and reporting to key stakeholders for correction action and issue resolution.
- Provide strategic planning by conducting the analysis of current quality program to influence roadmap development, sourcing and negotiation with vendors, and specification development.
- Represent Target Food Safety external with industry partners to foster and contribute to advancing food safety systems in forums such as certification programs, advocacy organizations, governmental agencies, trade organizations, etc.
- Bachelor's Degree in Food Science, Quality Management, Microbiology, Chemistry or closely related field is required. Experience in retail and/or food manufacturing environments preferred. Master's Degree preferred
- 10+ years' experience in continuous improvement management with proven track record in leading best practices across company to include statistical process controls, lean practices, and six-sigma methodologies
- Deep subject matter expertise in managing perishable food categories is required
- Desirable experience in facility auditing and team training
- Effective project management, communication and organizational skills are required
- Strong strategic planning, leadership, communication, organization and project management skills
- Strong organization skills and self-motivation for excellence
- Working knowledge and proficiency of food safety and quality assurance principles, programs and practices and FDA and USDA regulatory requirements
- Demonstrated ability to influence or lead high performing team
- Working knowledge of GFSI benchmarked standards
- Knowledge of FDA and USDA regulatory requirements is required
- Strong leadership and demonstrated success in managing a team
- Success working with multifunctional, global teams
- Excellent interpersonal/communication/influencing/negotiation skills requiredAbility to travel up to 25% of the time