FESQA Program Lead - Store Food Audit
3 days left
- Employment Status
- Full Time
FESQA Program Lead-Store Food Audit (Level 6)Team: Food & Essentials Safety and Quality Assurance (FESQA)Pyramid: Legal AffairsThis position reports to: FESQA Sr. Manager, Recalls & Regulatory Compliance (RRC)Description:This position leads and manages the Store Food Audit program in support of Target Food & Beverage to assure food-related store programs and processes are successfully and consistency executed as demonstrated by the audit. This position owns the auditing vendor relationship and, in collaboration with FESQA subject matter experts, designs and manages the overall store food audit program, including ongoing program enhancements. Key elements of the audit program include overall audit scope, auditing cadence, questions, format, scoring, corrective action and escalation protocols, remediation verification and metrics reporting through a defined store food audit governance process. In collaboration with FESQA Store Food Safety, this position assures findings are communicated to designated store and field leaders and corrective action plans are developed, tracked and completed. Additionally, this position addresses and documents store audit challenges following a defined process. This position works closely with Recalls & Regulatory Compliance (RRC) and Store Food Safety (SFS) teams within FESQA in addition to other FESQA teams, Store Operations, Store/DC Compliance and Law. As the Store Food Audit Program Lead, primary responsibilities are as follows:
- Lead the development, implementation and ongoing management of the Store Food Audit program.
- Maintain a working knowledge of food retail auditing standards and regulatory inspection requirements to ensure the Store Food Audit aligns to industry and agency practices. Network with industry peers.
- Own the auditing vendor relationship, including the contractual vendor requirements (i.e., scope of work) necessary to achieve the desired outcome.
- Develop and communicate vendor performance metrics.
- Conduct vendor business reviews to address issues and drive improvements and enhancement to the audit program.
- Lead decision-making for escalated issues impacting the audit program.
- Develop and manage a documented store corrective action verification process using a risk-based approach.
- Provide necessary audit program training and awareness to the Store Food Safety team to enable the team's success in responding to audit-related store inquiries and issues. Provide direction and assist with responses to stores, as necessary.
- Provide Store Food Audit information and reporting to leaders, headquarter partners and field teams on a defined cadence.
- Assess overall effectiveness of the audit program and address improvement opportunities.
- Develop and manage a documented store challenge governance process to address and respond to challenges to audit results raised by the store.
- Develop and manage a documented Store Food Audit governance process for changes to the audit program.
- Develop and manage a documented escalation process for audit non-compliances to assure appropriate actions are taken.
- Provide back-up to the FESQA Scientist-Store Regulatory Compliance, as necessary.
- B.S. in Food Science, Food Microbiology, or related discipline.
- 8+ years of experience in retail food auditing, regulatory inspection, food safety and quality assurance. Food auditor or food regulatory inspection experience within a grocery environment preferred.
- Strong working knowledge of the Food Code and key state and local health department requirements.
- Experience in managing a 3rd party vendor relationship.
- Ability to independently lead and manage key strategic initiatives/projects.
- Ability to manage time and resources to execute projects and achieve goals.
- Strong interpersonal skills, written and verbal communication
- Analytical and problem solving skills with ability to apply good judgment