Campaign Digital Project Staff 2018
EMPLOYEE GROUP: Professional Staff / TEMPO Bargaining Unit
HOURS/STATUS: Full Time (up to 10 months) /Exempt - Two (2) positions available
PURPOSE OF POSITION:
Under the direction of the director of public affairs, the primary responsibilities of the 2018 Campaign Digital Project Staff, will be to implement Education Minnesota’s digital campaign for the 2018 election. Day-to-day direction in program implementation will be from designated public affairs professional staff. 2018 Campaign Digital Project Staff will primarily interface with Education Minnesota staff, members and leaders in service of Education Minnesota’s member voter engagement and political action goals for the 2018 elections.
MAJOR FUNCTIONS AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Develop and execute digital strategies with Education Minnesota members and staff to advance our 2018 campaign issues and endorsed candidates.
- Create compelling and innovative digital content for social media that builds meaningful connections and encourages members to vote.
- Use digital tools in partnership with campaign organizers to expand and deepen our online base of supporters.
- Train Education Minnesota local union leaders, members, student program members and Education Minnesota staff on digital tactics relating to our 2018 campaign goals and strategies.
- Attend meetings and trainings.
- Other duties and responsibilities of a like or similar nature as assigned.
- Education Minnesota leaders and members
- Education Minnesota, AFT and NEA staff
- AFL-CIO staff and leaders, and staff and leaders of affiliated unions
- Community, civic and grassroots organizing leaders
- Governmental agencies and officials
- School district personnel
- Minnesota legislative personnel
- Candidates for public office and campaign staffs
- Staff and leaders of political parties
- General public
MACHINES AND/OR TOOLS OPERATED:
Personal computer Internet and browser software
Windows-based software FAX machine
Education Minnesota’s Website
Various strategic, management and departmental activities.
REQUIRED KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS & ABILITIES:
- Knowledge and understanding of unions.
- Knowledge and understanding of the legislative and political process.
- Knowledge and understanding of social media networks and digital organizing tools.
- Ability to successfully recruit, train and digital activist volunteers.
- Knowledge and awareness of social, racial and economic justice concerns.
- Ability to foster and maintain good public relations.
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills.
- Strong planning and organizational skills.
- Ability to prioritize work assignments to achieve ambitious, measurable organizing goals while adhering to established strict timelines.
- Ability to understand and effectively carry out complex verbal and written directions.
- Ability to problem solve and work independently.
- Ability to work with and maintain confidential and sensitive information and issues.
- Ability to work with technology, social media and data tracking systems.
- Must be able to lift up to 40 pounds.
- High school diploma or GED.
- Valid Driver’s license
- One year of experience demonstrating grassroots organizing leadership success on a union, political or advocacy campaign.
- Bachelor’s degree in in communications, political science, government relations or a related field.
- Three or more years’ experience working in digital organizing for a nonprofit organization or an electoral campaign.
- One year of experience in a professional setting related to public education, early education, higher education, teaching, education unionism or a related experience.
- Graphic design capability.
- Ability to track, report and respond to digital metrics.
These are temporary full-time positions, not lasting beyond November 2018. Willingness to work mornings/nights and weekends as needed. Travel throughout Minnesota required.
EDUCATION MINNESOTA IS AN EQUAL EMPLOYMENT OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER
In compliance with the Americans with Disabilities Act (ADA), the following is provided: the position requires use of clear and articulate speech; ability to read and comprehend written and oral directions; ability to effectively deal with tight deadlines; sitting for long periods, stooping, bending, reaching and standing for long periods; repetitive movement with hands and wrists; use of computer keyboard; and carrying materials (up to 5 lb. and occasionally up to 25 lb.).
POSTING DEADLINE: For best consideration, apply online and include a resume. Posting is open until all positions are filled.
41 SHERBURNE AVENUE
ST. PAUL, MN 55103