Sr. Front End Engineer
You will have the opportunity to work on executing the Digital Media strategy for Target. The work has direct impact on millions of Target Guests and Vendor partners and significant revenue driver for Target. You will be engineering solutions for delivering personalized messages to guests across multiple channels including web, emails, and other social channels. Be part of a team that's not only utilizing cutting edge technologies but also driving topline growth for Target
About this Opportunity
We are seeking a team member and engineer who's able to jump in and contribute to our projects.
As a Front End Engineer at Target you will use your skills, experience, and talent to be part of our amazing team. Here is what we are looking for in you:
- Work as a member of a product team that will iterate on UI features that impact the bottom line of Digital Media Marketing.
- Contribute in buildingAdaptive/Responsive websites using HTML5 and CSS3 leveraging web frameworks like React, Angular, Vue.js, Polymer, Riot.js, Backbone, and Ember
- Continuously work to improve through collaboration and pull request reviews.
- Implement design patterns to enhance our highly scalable web application.
- Contribute to the design of our full system architecture.
- Engage in continuous improvement projects within the team and mentor other engineers.
- Contribute unit and functional tests to certify your work is good.
- Provide technical expertise to product teams, advising best practices and highlighting risks.
- BS degree in computer science or related technical field
- 6+ years of software development experience
- 3+ years of experience in web technologies
- Experience with web frameworks like React, Angular, Vue.js, Polymer, Riot.js, Backbone, and Ember
- Experience developing Adaptive or Responsive websites using HTML5 and CSS3
- Familiarity with build tools such as webpack, Rollup, gulp, Yarn, and Grunt
- Computer Science foundational knowledge including competencies working with design patterns, data structures, and algorithms
- Experience automated testing and proficient with a testing framework (e.g. Jest, Mocha)
- Experience working with a source versioning tool, such as Git
- Experience working as a member of an Agile software development team
- Strong verbal and written communication skills demonstrating technical leadership
- Strong analytical and troubleshooting skills
- Experience with Node.js and React
- Experience working with GraphQL and RESTful web services
- Experience building accessible websites
- Experience working on project facilitating true CI/CD (Jenkins, Drone, etc.)
- Exposure to DevOps tools and culture (i.e. Kubernetes, Docker, Spinnaker, Jenkins, Git, etc.)
- Awareness of new and emerging technologies
As part of the Marketing Team you will be a front line contributor to the future of Digital Media Marketing for Target