ITS 4 - Senior Data Warehouse Analyst and Developer
Why Work For Us
At Minnesota State we promote the ability for our employees to move within the Minnesota State system of Colleges and Universities, located throughout the State of MN.
At Minnesota State, we have a GREAT BENEFITS PACKAGE! Our generous benefits include 11 paid Holidays, Vacation Time, Sick Time, six weeks of Paid Parental Leave, low cost medical and dental insurance with low deductibles, a Pension Plan, 457(b) and 403(b) retirement plans and other retirement investment options, pre-tax medical and dental expense (with roll-over option) and dependent care accounts, employer paid life insurance, short and long term disability, as well as professional development and a tuition waiver program for employees and their dependents, etc. We promote the health and well-being of our employees and take work/life balance seriously.
This senior position provides technical analysis, design, and development leadership within the Reporting and Data Services team (RADS) in the system office – ITS division. The RADS team manages the Minnesota State system-wide Reporting and Data Services Platform (the RADS Platform) which provides data warehousing, data modeling and transformation, data integration, operational reporting, system-wide dashboards, and business intelligence services. This position is responsible for recommending and leading the adoption, design, and development of technical solutions and services, managing projects that design and construct solutions to fulfil the requirements of business partners, and designing and developing technical solutions including relational and dimensional models, ETL processes, operational reporting, and business intelligence reporting, so that Minnesota State stakeholders of all types are provided timely, accurate, and meaningful business intelligence, reporting, and data services.
Notes: Please see job posting 20330 for a similar ITS 3 position.
This is the same position that was posted in job 19341 with new minimum requirements. You do not need to reapply if you applied to job 19341.
Resume must reflect all minimum qualifications. Please enter your experience in chronological order, including the month and year of employment.
- Bachelor’s degree in an IT, computer science or management related field or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- 5 years of experience working in information technology or related area managing requirements, developing business intelligence data models, and developing business intelligence solutions.
- Success working in close relationships with business partners in designing and delivering solutions that implement requirements of diverse stakeholders.
- Experience with project management principles sufficient to assist in planning projects, developing work plans and goals, and monitoring project progress.
- Effective written and verbal communication sufficient to ensure clear, accurate, concise and timely communications between team members and all stakeholders.
- Two (2) or more years working in higher education.
- Experience working with a geographically dispersed team.
- Experience with Microsoft’s business intelligence and reporting products.
- 4 years of experience working in higher education managing requirements and developing business intelligence data models and solutions.
- In accordance with the Minnesota State Colleges & Universities (Minnesota State) Vehicle Fleet Safety Program, employees driving on college/university business who use a rental or state vehicle shall be required to conform to Minnesota State’s vehicle use criteria and consent to a Motor Vehicle Records check.
Employment information for this position can be found in its collective bargaining agreement or its plan document at http://mn.gov/mmb/employee-relations/labor-relations/Labor.
In accordance with the Minnesota State Colleges & Universities Vehicle Fleet Safety Program, employees driving on college/university business who use a rental or state vehicle shall be required to conform to Minnesota State’s vehicle use criteria and consent to a Motor Vehicle Records check.
Minnesota State offers an excellent work environment along with competitive compensation and benefits including tuition reimbursement. If you are interested, get all the details including salary information from our online job posting on the State of Minnesota’s Employment site at www.mn.gov/careers by searching for:
Job Family: Information Technology Careers
Department: MN State Colleges & Universities
Location: St. Paul
Job ID: 20333
Application deadline is March 14, 2018. No late applications will be considered. Please submit your resume and application online per the instructions in the individual job postings.
The Minnesota State System is an Equal Opportunity employer and educator.