Lead Full Stack Engineer
Target is an iconic brand, a Fortune 50 company and one of America's leading retailers.
Target as a tech company? Absolutely. We're the behind-the-scenes powerhouse that fuels Target's passion and commitment to cutting-edge innovation. We anchor every facet of one of the world's best-loved retailers with a strong technology framework that relies on the latest tools and technologies—and the brightest people—to deliver incredible value to guests online and in stores. Target Technology Services is on a mission to offer the systems, tools and support that guests and team members need and deserve. Our high-performing teams balance independence with collaboration, and we pride ourselves on being versatile, agile and creative. We drive industry-leading technologies in support of every angle of the business, and help ensure that Target operates smoothly, securely and reliably from the inside out.
Join our Connectivity Engineering team and build world class technology solutions in support of Target's infrastructure automation and virtualization strategies!
You will have the opportunity to help drive industry leading best practices within Network Infrastructure and provide guidance on automation activities in a large-scale environment. Lead development of cutting edge solutions while driving relationships within department and across other partner infrastructure and application development teams.
Use your skills, experience and talents to be a part of groundbreaking thinking and visionary goals.
As a Lead Engineer, you'll take the lead as you…
- Develop Network Function Virtualization and Software Defined Networking capabilities through the use of a variety of technologies and programming languages
- Contribute to construction activities ensuring architectural and operational requirements are met
- Utilize enterprise tools to develop or implement infrastructure hardware, software or other technical components
- Leverage DevOps practices to develop innovative automation solutions
- Resolve hardware, operational, infrastructure and application incidents
- Provide preventative maintenance, troubleshooting and quickly resolve problems to ensure infrastructure and application stability
- Collaborate with partner teams to develop consistent technical solutions, implementation activities and support processes
- Participate in the design, lifecycle management, and total cost of ownership of platforms, applications and infrastructure services
- BA/BS or equivalent experience
- Minimum of 7-9 years total work experience
- In-depth knowledge of state-of-the art engineering technical approaches in design, build, testing, debugging problems as required by domain
- Maintains technical knowledge within areas of expertise
- Stays current with new and evolving technologies via formal training and self-directed education
- In-depth knowledge of programming with Ruby, Python, Java or similar object-oriented language
- Experience with designing/building networks
- Possesses a strong understanding of systems architecture, graphical user interfaces, and control languages as required by your domain
- Experience with DevOps/Agile development