Sr Manager FP&A, Corporate Financial Strategy
Description: Sr Manager, FP&A, Corporate Financial Strategy (10362)Classification: Exempt Date: March 2018About us:Target is an iconic brand, a Fortune 50 company and one of America's leading retailers.Right on pace with Target's distinctive retail brand, Target Finance and Accounting are transforming for the better. As so much more than a behind-the-scenes number-cruncher, you will be a truly collaborative partner with a seat at the table. You'll bring your unique point of view, experience and passion for the work to your team and internal clients. In Finance, you'll be an integral voice in discussions that lead to Target's unparalleled shopping experience. Your analysis and recommendations will be directly applied to critical business decisions, from sales to merchandising and beyond. Within Finance, you'll enjoy the interesting challenges of the competitive retail space, and you'll have a 360-degree impact—rather than on just one part of the business. You'll see your contributions come to life in virtually every area of this dynamic enterprise. And you'll grow and be challenged in your career while having a healthy balance with life outside of work.A role on the Financial Planning and Analysis team means providing insight and guidance to support Target's strategic growth strategies and financial decisions. You'll deliver objective and financially-focused insights to the business owners and finance leaders. You will be a critically important resource for long-term and annual financial planning, analysis and drive cross-company initiatives. As a Sr. Manager - Corporate Financial Strategy, you will:Influence Target's Long Range Plan and strategy through competitive insights:
- Develop actionable competitive insights to inform Target's LRP.
- Monitor, synthesize, and share quarterly competitor results, identifying trends and risk/opportunities to Target's business model.
- Build ad-hoc competitor financial assessments, understanding competitor sales, profit, cash flow, and changes in strategy.
- Partner with Enterprise Strategy and across FP&A to help articulate Target's competitive position and drive results across the enterprise.
- Identify and monitor critical macro-economic indicators and their impact on Target's financial results.
- Proactively understand the impact of macro-economic changes and provide scenario analysis.
- Incorporate external insights into conversations across FP&A to make insights actionable and real
- BA in Accounting or Finance, MBA preferred
- 5-8+ years of relevant work experience
- Outstanding analytical skills and ability to perform in a fast-paced environment
- Exceptional business partnership: Communication & Collaboration
- Outstanding project management skills and ability to work with minimal supervision
- Comfortable in white space / undefined situations
- Understanding of external perspective / insights on Target business. Could include Management Consulting, Investment Banking, and/or other relevant industry experience