Principal Engineer - Voice Tech
3 days left
- Employment Status
- Full Time
JOIN US AS A VOICE PRINCIPAL ENGINEERSimilar Industry Titles and Keywords: Telephony Principal Architect, Telephony Principal Engineer, Contact Center Technology Principal Architect, Contact Center Technology Principal Engineer, Voice Principal Architect, Telecom Principal Engineer, Telecom Principal EngineerWe are the team that enables end to end voice technologies at Target. These technologies enable us to deliver great service to our Guests via our service centers, enable our Store Team Members to communicate effectively, and enables our Headquarters Team Members to communicate and collaborate quickly. We are reshaping voice technologies in retail, providing tools for our service centers to help Guest quickly, and enabling new voice technologies. We are developing our own systems and tools and we not afraid to try new things. This is a great opportunity to shape our future and strategy. You should join our dynamic team! Here's a smattering of approaches important to us:
- Contact Center/Service Center Technologies used by our retail and credit card Guests. We want to remove friction and provide the best platforms possible to service our Guests quickly and effectively.
- We are going to reshape what voice technologies mean for a retail store. We want to provide our Stores Team Members and Guests with the best, easiest to use tools at a scale not seen before.
- Our voice platform goes beyond just the telephone. We believe voice is the future user interface. This means you will get to shape the future on how our application development teams use and interact with our voice platforms.
- We are building voice platforms, not just building solutions. We are not talking about technology solutions, but business enablers. We want to enable our developers to use voice as a service and enable cool things.
- We aspire to be cutting edge for voice technology. Our current infrastructure is modern, scalable, and extendable. We need the right person to listen to our business and share a vision of how voice fits in their business is ways they could never imagine.
- We care about stability, supportability, and resiliency, but not to the point where it hurts our ability to innovate. We are willing to try new things and fail as long as we can adapt and grow.
- Help shape the future of Contact Center/Service Center offerings and extend non-voice channels such as SMS.
- Be part of a highly collaborative team
- Have high interaction with Target's voice team and customers
- Be empowered to make decisions and to bring innovative ideas to the table
- Have the ability to shape the future of voice in a Retail environment
- Define and deliver new solutions reshaping our retail voice interface
- Have a chance to learn our business, how they use voice services, and advocate change
- Collaborate with other principal engineers across the Target to ensure we are delivering voice platforms that meets the needs of the company and our Guests
- Design and implement enhancements to our voice platforms. This can include implementing new solutions, improving our Voice platform architecture, improving our monitoring capabilities, and developing open source based solutions of our own.
- Troubleshoot and resolve operational issues
- Help drive adoption of new voice technologies within the team and across Target
- Build prototypes to prove out concepts
- BA/BS or equivalent experience
- 10+ years total work experience
- Has in-depth knowledge of state-of-the art voice and contact center engineering technical approaches in design, build, testing, debugging problems as required by domain
- Maintains technical knowledge within areas of expertise
- Stays current with new and evolving technologies via formal training and self-directed education
- Experience with Large scale global contact centers, Large scale global voice deployments, unified communications and collaborations technologies, SIP, SBCs, IVR technologies, CTI technologies
- Innovative mindset - willingness to push new ideas into the company
- Experience with Linux, Voice Search, Text to Speech, Speech Recognition, Extending voice and contact center infrastructure via API
- Experience with Push to Talk (PTT) technologies including Walkie Talkie, Unicast, and Multicast solutions
- Highly productive, self-starter and self-motivated
- Passionate about staying current with new and evolving voice technologies
- Passionate about mentoring others
- Ability and desire to mentor engineers on our team, and our partner teams
- Mix of platform engineering and application enablement skillset