Shelter Coordinator Full-Time
Missions Inc. Programs is a multi-service non-profit organization with a long history of providing services to those who are most in need, each year offering thousands of men and women, whose lives have been severely disrupted by chronic addiction, homelessness, and domestic violence safety, housing, support services, and the opportunity to make real change in their lives. Chemical dependency services are provided through four programs: Hart House (women only), Mission Lodge, and Smith Lodge provide transitional housing for men and women in recovery and Mission Detox Center provides medically supervised detoxification for adults and adolescents. Domestic violence services are provided through the Home Free Shelter for battered women and their children and the Home Free Community Program.
Missions Inc. Programs enables people struggling to meet fundamental human needs to obtain safety and healing and to pursue justice in their lives. We fulfill our mission by providing housing and health care for individuals affected by chemical dependency, violence, chronic illness or disability and by advocating for societal changes that will benefit the people we serve. In all our efforts we affirm human worth and dignity, encourage self-determination, value diversity, and promote the basic rights of all individuals.
Missions Inc. Programs is seeking applications for a full-time Shelter Coordinator at its Home Free shelter for battered women and their children. Home Free is a 30-bed shelter, providing immediate safety, advocacy, support and information for women who have had to flee their homes due to domestic violence. Regularly operating at over 100% capacity, the program has 24-hour staffing, provides three meals daily, and operates a children’s program, including childcare.
Duties and Responsibilities: Supervise the women’s program, provide crisis advocacy to residents, supervise day to day shelter operation, staff scheduling, coordination with maintenance and storeroom departments for upkeep of the building and security of offices and program supplies, and assist in record keeping.
Experience and Qualifications:
- Communication and organizational skills;
- Some supervisory experience;
- Computer skills including proficiency with Microsoft Office Suite;
- The ability to work independently and as a team member;
- An understanding of and sensitivity to the unique problems encountered by women and children needing shelter and advocacy services;
- Knowledge of social service, welfare, mental health and criminal justice systems pertinent to the needs of abused women;
- The ability to respond to women and children in crisis with appropriate listening and intervention skills;
- Must be able to lift and/or carry up to 35 pounds; be able to bend, stoop, kneel and climb (ascend and descend) several flights of stairs;
- Valid Minnesota drivers license and an insurable driving record;
- Ability to work well with people from diverse racial, cultural, social and economic backgrounds.
Full benefit package including medical, dental, life, short and long term disability insurance, 403b plan, vacation, holiday and sick leave.
How To Apply:
Send resume and letter of interest to: Missions Inc. Programs, HR Department, 3409 E. Medicine Lake Boulevard, Plymouth, MN 55441 or fax to 763.559.1195 or email to: HR@missionsinc.org Please indicate that you are applying for the Home Free Full Time Shelter Coordinator position.
Please visit our website at www.missionsinc.org/employment to learn more about us and to fill out an application to include with your resume and cover letter.
Missions Inc. is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer committed to hiring individuals without regard to race, color, creed, religion, national origin, sex, marital status, status with regard to public assistance, familial status, membership or activity in a local commission, disability, sexual orientation or age.
Apply for Shelter Coordinator Full-Time
Already uploaded your resume? Sign in to apply instantly