Director of Hotel Operations
Days: Monday - Friday, TBD - based on business needs
Hiring rate or hiring range: Based on qualifications
Areas of Responsibility:
Spa and Pool, Hotel Housekeeping, Hotel Front Desk, Wardrobe, Retail Store, Call Center, Revenue Management, Valet and Transportation.
Directs the functions of the Hotel Operations departments in support of hotel and casino revenue goals and in accordance with the enterprise's strategic goals and objectives. Responsible for meeting or exceeding revenue goals and managing budgeted expenses within agreed-to budget limits. Implements high guest service standards.
Responsible for developing and managing the Hotel Operations operating and capital budgets. Plans and controls cost. Ensures that all assets assigned to Hotel Operations are well-maintained.
- Provides strategic planning and direction in the areas of Hotel Front Desk, Housekeeping, Spa, Retail Store, Valet, Transportation, Call Center, Revenue Management, and Wardrobe. Clearly communicates with assigned department managers to ensure efficient day-to-day operation.
- Reviews and analyzes cost, financial, team member staffing and turnover, and operations reports to determine operating requirements for enhanced revenues and minimized cost. Maintains labor and product costs within agreed-to budget limits. Approves equipment, materials, and supplies purchases.
- Collaborates with peers to ensure that revenue budgets are met. Works with Security, Risk Management, and Engineering departments to ensure the protection and safety of guests, team members, and assets.
- Develops and implements budget and strategic work plans, including requests for capital projects. Recommends capital expenditures for acquisition of equipment, which would increase the efficiency of operations.
- Ensures compliance with Gaming Enterprise Policies and Procedures and departmental procedures.
- Responds to internal and external guest requests.
- Interviews, selects, hires and promotes team members. This includes training, developing, performance management, discipline, plans and actions for the retention of team members, and terminations of employment.
- Bachelor's degree in business administration, hospitality or hotel administration or related field.
- Eight years of full-service hotel/hospitality operational management experience.
- Experience in high volume, full service operations with a large number of employees.
- Proficiency in word-processing, spreadsheets, presentation, and electronic mail software
- Knowledge of hotel-specific software.
- On feet or standing 50% of time.
- May require some travel.
- Requires some outdoor work for events.
- Prefer experience in Hotel Casino environment
- Prefer LARGE hotel experience.