Vice President of Digital Advertising Sales
Star Tribune Media Company, the upper Midwest’s largest source of news and information, is seeking a Vice President of Digital Advertising Sales. We reach more consumers than any other Minnesota media brand and have the most-visited Minnesota website, numerous mobile and tablet apps, a portfolio of digital products and Advantage Digital Services to help businesses reach their desired online customers wherever they may be.
Reporting to the CRO, the VP of Digital Advertising Sales will lead the direct sales and revenue strategies for all digital ad products, digital ad operations, indirect yield management, campaign analysis and digital agency capabilities for Star Tribune.
- As a hands-on leader with exceptional sales capabilities, strategically lead customer conversations and shape evolving digital capabilities into profitable digital advertising solutions that yield desired customer results
- Collaborate with peer department leaders to create and implement an integrated digital advertising strategy
- Lead the digital advertising team to succeed in a fast-paced environment
- Monitor economic, market, competitive and industry trends to inform digital advertising strategy
- Develop metrics to optimize and drive digital advertising performance
- 10+ years in media advertising sales with a proven track record of success
- 5+ years of sales management experience, preferably in digital sales management, including experience in strategic planning and direct responsibility for growing revenue
- Deep knowledge of advertising infrastructure and ad servicing technology, digital ad operations, data analytics, yield analysis and/or advanced digital media platforms
- Strong strategic, interpersonal, communication, collaboration, presentation and time-management skills
- Proven track record of engaging, leading and developing highly skilled teams