Payroll Specialist II
6 days left
- Employment Status
- Full Time
People Incorporated serves people with mental illness in the Minneapolis and Saint Paul metro area. In 2017, we reached 12,000 individuals through more than 60 different programs. Helping people with mental illness requires great flexibility and creativity. That's why we start with the person first...developing innovative, effective services that provide the care, resources, and connections that will help each person in the best way possible. Join us in our mission to support mental health and wellness in our community through collaboration and integration of care!
Our Human Resources team is looking for a Payroll Specialist II to lead People Incorporated's bi-weekly payroll cycle using the designated HCM system. This position also administers and reconciles various wage, tax filings and benefit deductions. Oversees the time and attendance database and provides excellent customer service to employees and managers by responding to all inquiries in a timely manner and leads any payroll and HR information system related projects. The person in this role will interact on a regular basis with administration, program management, executive and front-line staff. Responsibilities include:
- Ensuring bi-weekly processing of payroll is accurate and errors are identified and corrected within 48 hours
- Maintaining and administering all involuntary deductions, tax/wage levies and garnishments within the pay period for which it was received
- Evaluating and reviewing integrity of data within the HCM and Payroll systems to identify necessary improvements and execute a plan to implement required system changes
- Providing new supervisor and payroll orientation to newly hired and/or eligible employees in partnership with the Human Resources Operations team to support compliance with related payroll policies and procedures
- Performing other duties as assigned
Required Education and Experience:
- Associates degree in Accounting, Business Administration, Human Resources or related required
- Minimum of two years of payroll experience working in a high volume, and variable workforce
- Minimum of two years' experience in providing coaching on electronic time card entry, approval, modifications and policy and practice interpretation
- Minimum of two years of conducting tax and wage levy reporting, report generation and submission to various government and third party vendors
Preferred Education and Experience:
- Bachelor's degree in Human Resources, Business Administration, Accounting or related field
- Three or more years of payroll experience working in a high volume, variable workforce with prior experience operating as a sole processor
- Experience with Ultimate Pro Software, human capital management systems, and/or other HRIS work experience
- Experience in a not-for-profit work environment
People Incorporated offers a suite of comprehensive medical and dental benefits as well as competitive pay, and paid time off.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment and will not be discriminated against on the basis of disability, veterans or other status unrelated to job qualifications.