Quality Assurance Inspector
The Quality Assurance Inspector level 2 is responsible for ensuring the quality of products through thorough assessment and analyses using inspection equipment, standards, and guidelines.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily.
- Create documentation
- Read and interpret blueprints
- Inspect parts using inspection equipment
- Generate inspection check sheets
- Create rework orders
- Assist in production
- Clean and maintain inspection/test equipment
- Assist in training other employees
- Research and purchase inspection equipment
- Perform in-process inspections as needed
- Follow safety rules and keep clean/orderly work area
- Perform other duties as required or assigned
The requirements listed below are representative of the education, certifications, knowledge, skills, and/or abilities required
- Education / Experience
- High school diploma or equivalent
- 2-4 years of experience in inspection or working in a manufacturing environment
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities
- Basic computer skills
- Knowledge of Microsoft Office – especially Excel
- Basic math skills (standard and metric)
- Basic knowledge of hand tools and power tools
- Ability to follow work instructions accurately
- Ability to do accurate work at a rapid pace
- Ability to communicate clearly and effectively (written and verbal)
- Ability to work well independently as well as with others
- Have attention to detail
- Ability to multi-task
- Ability to proficiently read and write in English
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Majority of time is spent sitting or standing
- Infrequent lifting up to 45 lbs.
- Some repetitive motions/tasks
The working conditions described here are representative of those an employee may be exposed to while performing job duties and responsibilities.
- Office environment