Posted Date 4 months ago(11/2/2017 3:16 PM)
Number of Openings 2
Closing Date Open Until Filled
Type of Search Staff
Who May Apply This position is open to all qualified applicants.
Position Number 330022 330166
Department/Unit Information Technology Services - ITS
FLSA Status Exempt/Salaried
Employment Type Full-Time Staff
Assigned Months per Year 12
Benefits Eligible Yes
The University of St. Thomas invites qualified candidates to apply for a Systems Analyst position within the Information Technology Services Department.
Inspired by Catholic intellectual tradition, the University of St. Thomas educates students to be morally responsible leaders who think critically, act wisely, and work skillfully to advance the common good. A successful candidate will possess a commitment to the ideals of this mission statement.
JOIN OUR COMMUNITY
The University of St. Thomas offers a competitive and comprehensive benefits program, which includes:
- Up to 100% tuition remission for employees, spouses, and dependents upon eligibility
- A generous Employer retirement contribution of 9.4% of annual salary upon eligibility
- Medical, dental, and vision options
- Employer-paid disability, life, and AD&D benefits
This position exists primarily to provide technical and operational support for all student information users. The person in this position will serve as a primary expert and technological specialist responsible to design, create, develop, maintain and manipulate systems to manage and utilize student data in such a way as to ensure data integrity and data access across the university and to external constituents in relation all aspects of student information.
- Ensure the validity and integrity of the data that are flowing into, being utilized, manipulated and delivered out of the institutional data systems
- Design systems to efficiently and effectively store, manipulate and utilize student information.
- Develop standards and systems to store, manipulate and utilize student information using multiple technologies.
- Automate the manipulation of student information.
- Create and review list and summary reports about students and their admission, financial aid and student activities to validate student information and outputs.
- Establish and document test plans for implementing changes and upgrades.
- Evaluate and suggest opportunities for improvement both technologically and procedurally.
- Document and communicate procedural elements of the movement and protection of student data.
- Provide data reporting services
- Assist in the identification, development, and delivery of a comprehensive reporting system that supports data integrity efforts and administrative decision-making.
- Write and distribute reports of data from university systems to support data management and integrity, including testing validity of data manipulation.
- Provide advanced programming support to the process and system communication analysts.
- Document and communicate data process procedures
- Create and maintain documentation for all student data information and manipulation procedures.
- Create and maintain training documentation for system analyst team including student interns and student workers.
- Equivalent to a Bachelor's degree in computer science or a related field
- Three years of professional level experience providing technical and systems design and development
- Demonstrated technical skill designing and developing tools in student information systems and databases, including ERP, imaging solutions and reporting
- Experience with database design and data manipulation
- Ability to identify and troubleshoot information integrity issues.
An equivalent combination of education and experience from which comparable knowledge and skill have been acquired may be substituted.
- Master's degree in a relevant field
- Experience working with at least two of the following programs: Ellucian Banner, Salesforce, Optix, Cognos ReportNet, Appworx, and SQL or similar tools for managing data and documents, automation and reporting.
HOW TO APPLY
On the University of St. Thomas Jobs page, follow the instructions to complete an online application which includes uploading a resume and copy/pasting a job specific cover letter.
The University of St. Thomas, Minnesota Human Resources Department advertises the official job listing on its website at www.stthomas.edu/jobs.
The University of St. Thomas is an Equal Opportunity Employer