Executive Director for the Ely Chamber of Commerce
Ely, Minnesota - world-famous headquarters of the Boundary Waters Canoe Area Wilderness - is seeking an energetic, experienced professional to fill the position of Executive Director for the Ely, Minnesota Chamber of Commerce. The Executive Director will establish and promote the needs and interests of Ely by effective communication with members and the public, supervision of office staff, and fulfillment of authorized Chamber projects within staffing and budgetary resources. Candidates must possess effective communication, organization, management, and administrative skills, as wells as proficiency in the preparation of budgets and financial statements. Prior experience in marketing or public relations is desired. Salary is negotiable based on experience. Please submit resume with cover letter to email@example.com.
Application deadline is Monday, April 2, 2018
The Executive Director establishes and promotes the needs and interests of Ely's tourism industry and local businesses. The Executive Director reports directly to the Ely Chamber of Commerce Board of Directors.
Significant accountabilities include professional promotion of member businesses, effective and responsive communication with members and the public, competent supervision of office staff, and fulfillment of authorized Chamber projects within staffing and budgetary resources.
Under the direction of the Chamber Board of Directors, the Executive Director:
- Maintains effective lines of communication with the Chamber members and the Chamber Board of Directors on daily activities of the Chamber office and all public matters affecting Ely's tourism industry and local businesses.
- Maintains and helps build chamber membership.
- Maintains strict confidentiality of proprietary information.
- Ensures that all public relations are handled in a prompt, accurate, and courteous manner.
- Directs, supervises, schedules, and evaluates the activities of all full and part time staff at the Chamber of Commerce.
- Attends all meetings of the Chamber of Commerce Board of Directors and meetings of committees and subcommittees as appropriate.
- Prepares agendas, action plans, minutes, and other written records of meetings attended
- Provides timely and accurate information to the Chamber Board with regard to activities, income, and expenditures
- Participates in planning and implementation of activities within approved budgets
- Professionally fulfills actions directed by the Chamber Board through appropriate allocation of personnel and financial resources
- Responds appropriately to all complaints, concerns, and grievances of members and nonmembers; advises the Chamber Board of such concerns received and actions taken when appropriate.
- Conducts routine bookkeeping tasks including preparation of monthly budget and financial reports, preparation of profit and loss statements, maintaining bank accounts, preparing checks, preparing employment tax reports (e.g., Federal and state income tax withholding, FICA, Medicare, FUTA and SUTA), assists in the preparation of annual Federal and state income tax reports, and liaises with accountants and local/national tax authorities.
- Seeks funding mechanisms for Chamber activities including grants, membership dues, and other sponsorships.
- Attends meetings at the request of the Chamber Board as a representative of the Ely Chamber of Commerce
- Establishes and maintains effective communications and coordination with tourism agencies, city, county, and state officials.
- Directs the proper functioning and daily activities of the Chamber of Commerce office.
- Performs other activities as directed by the Board.
The Executive Director position requires proficient organizational, management, and administrative skills. Computer skills should include knowledge of QuickBooks and Microsoft Office. Prior experience in marketing/promotion activities is desirable. Effective communications skills, both written and oral, are necessary. Excellent human relations skills are essential.
Apply for Executive Director
Already uploaded your resume? Sign in to apply instantly