Customer Service Representative
Humera has an opening for a Customer Service Representative for our client in Golden Valley, MN. This individual will provide prompt, courteous, and excellent service to internal and external customers at all times. Responsible for accurate and timely responses to telephone inquiries. This is a Contract to Hire opportunity!
- 75% Process all routine claims, managed care education, and network management calls.
- 10% Document, research, and resolve all routine and complex customer satisfaction issues.
- 10% Work as a liaison with other departments to solve both internal and external customer issues.
- 5% Transfer calls to the appropriate department
- Customer service telephone experience in a provider, HMO, plan administrator, or health care management setting is ideal, but not required.
- Front line phone experience and proven track record handling phone volume (i.e., 90-100 calls a day).
- Ability to represent the company in a professional manner.
- Ability to learn proficiently in six software systems.
- Good communication skills (verbal/phone/written skills). As well as good listening skills.
- Good problem solving skills.
- Good planning and organizational skills.
- Ability to memorize and multi-process a wide variety of information associated with our clients operation. This includes: understanding each department and how they work together to offer clients products; comprehensive understanding of client's network; a sound understanding of our payer relationships; and a sound understanding of the PPO / HMO / fully insured / self-insured industry.
- Self-motivated and able to function without direct supervision.
- Desire to learn new skills and develop professionally within the organization.
- Basic medical terminology experience desired.
- Two years customer service telephone experience in a provider, HMO, plan administrator, or health care management setting.
Monday-Friday 8:00 AM - 5:00 PM (Shift May Vary Slightly)