Provider Setup Specialist
Great opportunity for a detail-oriented professional with medical claims or billing experience! Pro Staff is recruiting a Provider Setup Specialist for our client company in Alexandria that administers healthcare plans for 13 rural MN counties.
In this role, you’ll be responsible for maintaining the core claims system provider database to ensure timely claims processing. You’ll also validate provider information based on State and Federal contracting requirements.
- Validating and confirming accuracy of provider contracting information
- Accurately entering claims information into the processing system in a timely manner
- Assisting in the maintenance of network providers in claims processing system
- Reviewing reports
- Assisting in reporting requirements to register providers
- Assisting implementation of processing rules based on changes to state or federal regulations
- Other duties as required
Hours are 8am-5pm, Mon-Fri. Pay starts at $15.50/hr., with increase likely at hire on.
- High School Diploma or GED
- Proficiency in all MS Office Applications
- Ability to handle multiple tasks
- Demonstrated organizational skills and attention to detail
- Excellent communication skills
- Familiarity with common health care forms, including UB-92/04 and/or CMS-1500 data elements or electronic data interchange (EDI) 8371, 837P, and/or 837D formats
- Ability to efficiently navigate various websites including, by not limited to, Centers for Medicare & Medicaid Services (CMS), Minnesota Department of Human Services (DHS), National Plan and Provider Enumeration System (NPPES), and general health care websites
- Familiarity with AMISYS Advance and claims processing/billing are preferred
Pro Staff, an Atterro Human Capital Group company, offers short-term to long-term projects, temporary to contract-to-hire, or direct placements. With proven expertise in Administrative, Clerical, Light Industrial and Manufacturing backgrounds, Pro Staff matches the right people with the right career opportunities.