Revenue Tax Specialist
Closing Date: 03/30/2018
Travel Required: Yes - Up to 25% of the time for some positions
Salary Range: $19.97 - $29.00/hourly; $41,697 - $60,552/annually
This announcement will be used to fill approximately 30 current and future Revenue Tax Specialist vacancies within the Department of Revenue in our St. Paul and Arden Hills Offices. An invite only recruitment event will be held early April for qualified applicants, with an initial start date in June of 2018.
Revenue Tax Specialist employees perform a variety of duties: taxpayer audits, contacts non-registered/non-filing individuals and businesses, conducts legal and technical research, classroom and in-person education, and provides taxpayer assistance.
There are Revenue Tax Specialist positions in the Corporate Franchise Tax, Income Tax & Withholding, Property Tax, Sales and Use Tax, Special Tax, and Tax Operations Divisions.
Some of these positions require local and overnight travel; some of the positions require out-of-state travel.
Any of the following from an accredited college or university:
- Bachelor's degree with a major in Accounting, Finance, Economics, Business Administration, Business Management, or Marketing;
- Master's degree in Business Administration, Accountancy, Finance, or Taxation; or
**For those who are scheduled to graduate in the next 6 months, you should apply to be a part of the applicant pool. However, your graduation date must be prior to start date.**
Applicants who meet the above experience requirements will be further evaluated based on the following:
- Knowledge of accounting and auditing principles as evidenced by academic coursework or related work experience.
- Knowledge of personal computers, including knowledge of word-processing, spreadsheet and database applications/software.
- Human relations, communication skills necessary to deal with taxpayers and workplace associates in a professional and effective manner.
- Problem-solving skills and organizational/planning skills necessary to independently perform the duties of the position.
Successful participation of the State of Minnesota Star of the North Fellowship program
Why Work For Us
GREAT BENEFITS PACKAGE! The State of Minnesota offers a comprehensive benefits package including low cost medical and dental insurance, employer paid life insurance, short and long term disability, pre-tax flexible spending accounts, retirement plan, tax-deferred compensation, generous vacation and sick leave, and 11 paid holidays each year.
How to Apply
Applicants must apply to the MN Careers website http://www.mn.gov/careers Job ID 20120.
If you are unable to apply online, please contact the job information line at 651.259.3637.
If you have questions about the position, contact Ali Baumgart at firstname.lastname@example.org or 651.556.6674.
AN EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER
Apply Here: http://www.Click2Apply.net/j5g6pthvyd8mrv4d