Director of Development - Full Time
Missions Inc. Programs is a multi-service non-profit organization with a long history of providing services to those who are most in need, each year offering thousands of men and women, whose lives have been severely disrupted by chronic addiction, homelessness, and domestic violence, safety, housing, support services, and the opportunity to make real change in their lives. Chemical dependency services are provided through four programs: Hart House (women only), Mission Lodge, and Smith Lodge provide transitional housing for men and women in recovery and Mission Detox Center provides medically supervised detoxification for adults and adolescents. Domestic violence services are provided through the Home Free Shelter for battered women and their children and the Home Free Community Program.
Missions Inc. Programs enables people struggling to meet fundamental human needs to obtain safety and healing and to pursue justice in their lives.
We fulfill our mission by providing housing and health care for individuals affected by chemical dependency, violence, chronic illness or disability and by advocating for societal changes that will benefit the people we serve. In all our efforts we affirm human worth and dignity, encourage self-determination, value diversity, and promote the basic rights of all individuals.
We are looking for a full-time Director of Development . This position is responsible for day-to-day fundraising for Missions Inc., creating and implementing plans to achieve the organization’s mission, meet its annual contribution goals, and prepare it for a capital campaign. Working with the Chief Executive Officer, the Director provides leadership for fundraising strategies, including cultivating individual donors, managing events, overseeing grants and developing corporate relationships. This position is a front-line role, responsible for the annual fund, major gifts, direct mail, and stakeholder engagement initiatives. S/he is a member of the senior management team and oversees a full-time development associate/grants writer.
Duties & Responsibilities:
Donor Strategy, Relationship Management and Solicitation
- Establish annual fundraising plan to meet charitable revenue goals set by the Board of Directors
- Act as primary relationship manager for 10-15 individual and private, family foundation major gift donors to cultivate gifts of $25,000+
- Create a prospect pipeline of major gift donors through existing and new relationships
- Coordinate the involvement of staff, Board members and volunteers as appropriate to advance the fundraising potential of Missions, Inc., and provide background information and solicitation materials to other staff and volunteers as needed
- Create written and e-appeals sent to prospective contributors
- Establish/revise annual fundraising event to generate gifts and new prospects
- Support fundraising committee of the board
Donor Communication, Cultivation and Stewardship
- Create donor communications materials to support major gift activities, including fact sheets, concept papers, presentations and proposals and stewardship materials
- Establish a regular method to update and recognize donor through print and e-communication
- Design and manage cultivation events (volunteer experiences, facility tours, receptions, etc.) for individual donors
Department Management and Reporting
- Oversee grants management process for state and county government contracts in collaboration with Associate Director; oversee grant writing staff
- Establish system to record, report and reconcile donor contributions, including grant reports, in compliance with applicable state and federal laws
- Ensure timely donor receipts and acknowledgements
- Prepare regular reports against annual goals
- Other duties as assigned
- Education/Certification :
- Bachelor’s degree in business, marketing, non-profit leadership or related field
- CFRE designation preferred
2. Knowledge and skills:
- Five years of demonstrated fundraising experience; or experience in marketing, sales, public relations, financial advisement or related field with emphasis on relationship cultivation and solicitation of individuals/businesses
- Demonstrated high level communications and interpersonal skills and success in working in teams
- Excellent customer service skills
- Exceptional ability to listen and receive input from others
- Basic knowledge of organizational and program planning and budgeting
- Intermediate to advanced Microsoft Office Suite computer skills
- Experience with constituent management relationship software
- Health care or human services organizations fundraising experience preferred
- High integrity and ability to maintain confidences
- Ability to speak publicly about the mission and services of Missions, Inc.
3. Special abilities required:
- Passion for and commitment to the mission and goals of Missions, Inc.
- Experience with government grants and contracts preferred
- Attention to detail and strong project management skills
- Ability to take initiative and follow through on tasks with minimal supervision
- Professional attitude and appearance
- Vehicle, valid driver’s license and ability to drive required for attendance at off-site meetings, presentations and events
- Ability to sit at a desk and work on a computer and phone for long periods of time
- Ability to travel when needed.
- Ability to occasionally lift 20 lbs.
- Executive Team members
- Board of directors
- Program directors and managers
- Vendors and other contractors
- Volunteer and Interns
Salary commensurate with qualifications and experience. Benefits include health and dental insurance, 403b plan, short and long-term disability insurance, life insurance, vacation, holiday and sick leave pay.
How to Apply:
Send application/resume and letter of interest to:
Missions Inc. Programs
3409 E. Medicine Lake Blvd
Plymouth, MN 55441
Application form: www.missionsinc.org
Deadline: February 23, 2018
We invite you to visit our website at www.missionsinc.org/employment to learn more about our organization. An employment application is also available online to include with your resume and cover letter.
Missions Inc. is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer