Advantage Services Coordinator
- Employment Status
- Full Time
Advantage Services Coordinator
Dublin Crossing, Mankato, MN and Rochester, MN Properties
Full- time (40 hours week)
As the largest provider of affordable housing in the Upper Midwest, CommonBond Communities has been building and sustaining homes with services to families, seniors, and individuals with disabilities since 1971. We combine affordable housing with on-site Advantage Services with a goal of helping residents achieve stability, advancement, and independence. We believe that all people, despite their economic status, should experience the benefits of a home. If you agree, and want to work in an exciting employee driven culture that values work/life balance, consider joining our team!
CommonBond is excited to announce an opening for a full time Advantage Services Coordinator. This position is (40 hours a week) at a brand new family property that is scheduled to open sometime in July of 2018 in Mankato, MN. This Advantage Services Coordinator will also work occasionally at housing communities located in Rochester, MN. Schedule has some flexibility, with most hours worked during daytime business hours. Occasional evenings and weekends are required.
The Advantage Services Coordinator will: provide crisis intervention, assessment, referral, advocacy and supportive services to residents. The Advantage Services Coordinator will also plan, coordinate and evaluate programs to help strengthen the community and resident leadership.
Schedule: 40 hours a week Monday – Friday, approximately 8:30am-5:00pm, plus some evenings and weekend hours for community events.
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS AND ASSOCIATED TASKS
- Plan, coordinate, promote and manage the delivery of other department programs and services provided for the benefit of youth and adults.
- Provide professional individual services coordination to meet the needs of residents
- Provide supportive housing services to residents in four townhomes designated for people leaving long-term homelessness.
- Promote positive relationships within the housing community and surrounding neighborhood.
- Work collaboratively with department and participate staff meetings and training.
- Associates or Bachelors degree in related field or at least three years of experience in a related field.
- Two years of experience providing individual services to a diverse population of individuals and families.
- Knowledge of community resources and service networks.
- Excellent interpersonal, verbal, and written communication skills.
- Demonstrated experience working within diverse communities, which include people of various ages, gender, sexual orientations, national origins, income levels, ability levels, religious affiliations, races, and languages.
- Ability to work well in a collaborative team environment with both internal and external partners.
- Ability to network and develop community partnerships.
- Experience utilizing MS Office and web based programs.
- Be certified in CPR and First Aid or have the ability to become certified within six months of starting position.