Sr Engineering Manager - Adaptive
3 days left
- Employment Status
- Full Time
Target is an iconic brand, a Fortune 50 company and one of America's leading retailers.
Target as a tech company? Absolutely. We're the behind-the-scenes powerhouse that fuels Target's passion and commitment to cutting-edge innovation. We anchor every facet of one of the world's best-loved retailers with a strong technology framework that relies on the latest tools and technologies—and the brightest people—to deliver incredible value to guests online and in stores. Target Technology Services is on a mission to offer the systems, tools and support that guests and team members need and deserve. Our high-performing teams balance independence with collaboration, and we pride ourselves on being versatile, agile and creative. We drive industry-leading technologies in support of every angle of the business, and help ensure that Target operates smoothly, securely and reliably from the inside out.
Join and exciting and dynamic team that is driving innovations and guest experiences at Target. We are creating product development teams to drive the use of modern engineering practices and architectures to create a world class e-commerce platform. We are looking for a creative and motivated individual who can both lead and implement front-end web technology platforms for target.com.
- Manage overall software development cycle, driving best practices and ensuring development of high quality code to create a large scale, high-performing transactional ecommerce website.
- Build and lead a large team of high caliber software development engineers.
- Establish a team culture that demands a high degree of accountability, values innovation, fosters team connectivity and performance, and exhibits high commitment to team and product objectives.
- Work with technical team leaders to architect and develop the best technical design and approach, specifically driving simple, reusable designs
- Advocate for technologies, frameworks, design patterns, processes that support the domain and enterprise guiding values of speed, simplicity, and stability.
- Ensure that the team is delivering code to production frequently using CI/CD best practices including automated testing, automated builds, and static code quality tools.
- Drive resolution of technology roadblocks including code, infrastructure, build and deployment.
- Manage cross-product technical dependencies and drive resolutions to conflicts.
- Ensure all code adheres to all development & security standards
- Manage a cross-functional engineering team performing all aspects of owning the delivery of a product including development, testing, delivery and production support.
- 8+ years of engineering (software development) experience. Experience with at least one full cycle implementation from requirement to production. Experience in building/implementing high performance & scalable server-side applications
- 3+ years of managing software development teams with a strong track record of project delivery for large, cross-functional projects
- Experience operating small to medium scale systems
- Experience with test-driven development and software test automation
- Strong sense of ownership
- Strong written and verbal communication skills with the ability to present complex technical information in a clear and concise manner to variety of audiences
- BS degree in computer science or equivalent work experience
- Experience in web frameworks like AngularJS, Backbone, and ReactJS
- Experience building adaptive or responsive websites using UI technologies like HTML5, CSS3
- Experience developing backend API services using REST
- Experience designing, building, and operating large scale, transactional websites
- Exposure to DevOps tools, process and culture
- Contribute back to the Open Source community is desirable
- Extensive experience working in an agile environment (i.e. user stories, iterative development, etc.)