Advantage Services Coordinator
Advantage Services Coordinator (Social Services Provider)
Seward Tower East – Minneapolis, Minnesota
As the largest provider of affordable housing in the Upper Midwest, CommonBond Communities has been building and sustaining homes with services to families, seniors, and individuals with disabilities since 1971. We combine affordable housing with on-site Advantage Services, with a goal of helping residents achieve stability, advancement, and independence.
CommonBond has an opening for an Advantage Services Coordinator at our Seward Tower East family property in Minneapolis, MN. This position is full-time Monday-Friday (40 hours a week), with some evenings and weekends throughout the year for community events. The Advantage Services Coordinator provides culturally appropriate individual services, programs, assessment, referral, and advocacy to promote resident stability. The Advantage Services Coordinator also plans, coordinates and evaluates programs to promote health and positive relationships within the community. Experience working with families, seniors, and people who were formerly homeless, as well as experience enhancing community engagement and resident leadership, are helpful. This position supervises one staff person.
Competitive pay, flexibility, 401(k), tuition discounts with Rasmussen College, and a challenging, fun, growth-oriented work environment.
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS AND ASSOCIATED TASKS
- Provide professional, culturally appropriate individual services coordination to meet the needs of residents at select housing communities
- Provide information, referrals, advocacy, and brief counseling
- Plan, coordinate, promote and manage the delivery of Advantage Center programs and services provided for the benefit of youth, adults and seniors
- Promote positive relationships within the community and surrounding neighborhood
- Maintain accurate, timely and detailed documentation on casework in accordance with professional ethics and corporate procedures
- Maintain records, statistics, and documentation, and provide information as requested.
- Act as a liaison between community-based social services and housing management staff for the benefit of individual residents
- Consult with casework consultant and/or supervisor as directed by protocols, procedures and Advantage Services guidelines
- Effectively represent CommonBond Communities, and the housing communities in the surrounding neighborhood and relevant service networks
- Actively participate in Advantage Services team meetings and promote collaborative problem solving and professional development
- Associates or Bachelor’s Degree in social work, human services or similarly related field, or at least three years of experience in a related field.
- At least two years of experience providing individual services to a diverse population of individuals.
- Knowledge of community resources and service networks.
- Excellent interpersonal, verbal, and written communication skills.
- Demonstrated experience working within diverse communities, which include people of various ages, gender, sexual orientations, national origins, income levels, ability levels, religious affiliations, races, and languages.
- Ability to work well in a collaborative team environment with both internal and external partners.
- Ability to network and develop community partnerships.
- Experience utilizing MS Office and web based programs.
- Be Certified in CPR and First Aid or have the ability to become certified within six months of starting position.