Lead Family Advocate
Days: Monday - Friday, TBD - based on business needs
Hiring rate or hiring range: $50,000 - $60,000 based on qualifications
Provide general social services to any Native American family living within the service area of Scott County. Coordinate intake to drop in clients and new clients to verify eligibility for services, assess needs and develop case plans. Provide client outreach for families in crisis. Coordinate with other SMSC staff and area school staff to offer support groups for adolescents in school. Provide individual and group parenting education. Maintain ethical and therapeutic relationships and adhere to strict confidentiality of all programs and client information. As appropriate, assist Child Welfare Officer with client case services such as supervising visits.
- Provide supervision for additional family advocate.
- Ensure that social work staff up-hold integrity and ethical practice in all programs offered through Family and Children Services.
- Develop, supervise and assist in program administration.
- Provide advocacy for individuals and families within the county system. Produce resource materials for families involved in the court system.
- Provide social services, education, information and referrals for Native Americans living in the SMSC Community and Scott County service area.
- Administer group and individual parenting program.
- Develop and implement support groups for adolescents. Develop a program for adolescents focusing on leadership and mentorship.
- Develop and implement quarterly community education and lecture series.
- Provide client outreach for families in crisis. This could include family group conferencing.
- Maintain accurate records and statistical reports.
- Administer emergency services programs.
- Assist client with applying for county assistance programs.
- Submit original monthly newsletter articles to keep Community informed of program events.
- Process subsidized child care applications.
- All other duties as assigned by the Director of Children and Family Services or SMSC Business Council or as described in grant funding goals and objectives.