Associate Hybrid Designer - Bedding
3 days left
- Employment Status
- Full Time
ASSOCIATE HYBRID DESIGNER - COLLECTION BEDDINGSupport Target Owned Brand Product Design and Development with direction from design and technical leaders to achieve overall product design strategy and merchant objectives. Manage workload and understand the product development process and key deadlines.PRINCIPAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Support product, brand, trend and guest research
- Support development of owned brand products to achieve appropriate levels of style, quality & value
- Concept and develop total product- fabric, color and pattern, technical construction, embellishments and trims
- Prepare total product direction package for overseas vendors including sketches, measurements, fabric specs and trim details
- Execute timely sample evaluations and ensure approvals of all products are meeting the specification and Target's standards
- Support the timely resolution of all issues pertaining to the development, construction and manufacturing of products
- Support evaluation of Vendor Generated Specs against product production sample
- Support Technical Functional Reviews with PSQA, Sourcing and PD&D
- Partner with Quality and Compliance Teams to understand performance testing protocols and support product development to meet those requirements
- Develop an appropriate working knowledge of applicable government regulatory requirements, safety protocols and Target performance standards for products within assigned categories
- Support and execute market and consumer guest research to ensure Target product meets or exceeds the perceived value/performance of the competitors' product
- Develop an understanding of the vendor matrix and associated manufacturing capabilities.
- Understand and develop product quality standards with oversight from the Director
- Communicate and collaborate with internal/external partners
- Diligent approach to workload, maintaining good, timely communication with vendors and cross functional team
- Is a deployable resource for total team/total business needs; may be called upon to help with fundamental PD&D tasks as part of a supportive culture and/or to gain experience beyond their role
- 4 year Design, Textiles or similar degree.
- Minimum 1-4 years of experience.
- Demonstrated passion for Textiles and Home Décor / Interiors
- Demonstrated high taste level and creative ability.
- Understanding of textiles, raw materials & product production.
- Computer design system skills including Adobe programs.
- Experience assimilating product feedback.
- Ability to successfully work in a diverse team environment.