Senior Engineer - Java/Full Stack (PD&D)
Join us as a Senior Engineer - Java/Merchandising Product Design & Development
Target is one of the world's most recognized brands and one of America's leading retailers. Behind the brand our guests love, is a culture of continual innovation - and right now, we are up to big things.
We are looking for highly motivated engineering professionals. You will have the opportunity to design, develop and support innovative solutions across a variety of applications, platforms and environments, building tomorrow's technologies in the Target Properties product space supporting team members and other professionals in both Headquarters and external construction and vendor community.
- Design and develop software and systems on test driven development and continuous integration practices, unit testing and creating automated test scripts.
- Understanding of data models with sources from different data systems including document, and relational databases.
- Collaborate with other engineers and partners to ensure development meets business needs.
- Follow industry standard agile software design methodology for development and technical documentation.
- Drive evaluation and learn new tools and technologies to keep technology stack modern as needed for the Product solution.
- Build highly scalable, performing single page web applications using AngularJS, Spring Boot, MongoDB database.
- 5+ years of software development experience with at least one full cycle implementation from requirement to production
- Proficiency in Java
- Strong problem solving and thought partnership skills
- Team attitude
- Good verbal and written communication skills
- Degree in Computer Science or equivalent
- Strong sense of ownership and accountability, and the ability to work with a limited set of requirements.
- Experience build and deploy high performing web-based applications using Java and other web development frameworks and using CI/CD automated tools.
- Experience developing RESTful services using the Spring Boot framework
- Experience in relational databases including development of tables.
- Experience with web technology frameworks (ReactJS or newer)
- Experience in data modeling
- Experience working in an agile environment (i.e. writing user stories, iterative development, etc.)
- Working knowledge of the MongoDB database
- Working knowledge of test-driven development and software test automation